what is a good asking price for my cobra?(3.4whipple,15kmiles)

Mustang289

Established Member
If you really want to sell it, I would suggest asking $28K as others have mentioned and maybe only come down to $27K. The economy stinks and many people will try and low-ball you. Hold tight as this is one sweet Cobra, low mileage, and very thought out mods to it. If nobody bits on it in Wisconsin take it with you to Florida. You might have a change of mind when you can drive the Cobra 9-months out of the year.

black 10th vert

Established Member
If you really want to sell it, I would suggest asking $28K as others have mentioned and maybe only come down to $27K. The economy stinks and many people will try and low-ball you. Hold tight as this is one sweet Cobra, low mileage, and very thought out mods to it. If nobody bits on it in Wisconsin take it with you to Florida. You might have a change of mind when you can drive the Cobra 9-months out of the year.

I agree, if you are really moving to FL, then you will want this car, like this guy said! I know the super short driving season up here is what makes me consider selling mine. It's not like I have a ton of time to enjoy it in the summer, but if I had almost the whole year to use it, then it would seem more practical to have. Up here, even when it is summer, it's too damn humid to enjoy it anyway. We have very few really nice days per year where it's ideal for cruising. It's either rain, snow, or hot, humid weather.

Brutal Metal

Established Member

I agree $28K Come on Godstang $20K with Those Mods and low miles?:shrug:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I. It's not like I have a ton of time to enjoy it in the summer, but if I had almost the whole year to use it, then it would seem more practical to have. QUOTE]

A good majority of Florida guys that have a different daily driver car don't use the Cobra's much in the summer, it's too Damm Hot SO it really isn't Whole Year useage! I've driven mine a few times a month for under 10 mile trips since the end of May! 6-7 months of the year are Killer though!:rockon:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
rims are, ssr gt3

i understanding returning it close to stock, but that would cost money in buying parts and also in a new tune. getting a good tune around here isn't cheap.

Jefe

Established Member
My buddy just sold his 03 Torch Red Cobra for $28k. Whipple 2.9, Built Aluminator, Ford GT heads, 20k miles. Listed for 3 weeks and had 2 guys interested. Sold in less than a month. I would list it at that for a few weeks and see what kind of bites you get. After 2 months I would think about demodding and making some money back on the mods

black 10th vert

Established Member
My buddy just sold his 03 Torch Red Cobra for $28k. Whipple 2.9, Built Aluminator, Ford GT heads, 20k miles. Listed for 3 weeks and had 2 guys interested. Sold in less than a month. I would list it at that for a few weeks and see what kind of bites you get. After 2 months I would think about demodding and making some money back on the mods

I agree with this. There are people out there who will know what is into that car, and be willing and able to pay $28k for it, the problem is just finding them. Most of the guy's who will want to buy your car will be young guys who can't afford it, so they will need to get a loan for the whole amount, or damn near all of it, and that is where the problem lies. Banks don't like lending on 8 year old cars in that price range, and mods mean nothing to them. What you need is a cash buyer who always wanted one of these, and will appreciate how much time, money, and sweat went into making it what it is. I had a similar problem back in '06 when I was selling my '65 Cobra replica. Everyone on the website I belonged to was selling them in the low to mid $20k range, with the odd one going into the $30k's if it was exceptionally nice. I happened to have one that was above and beyond those, and I was not willing to let it go for what the other guys on the site thought it was worth. I through it up on Ebay just on a feeler/whim, and it was gone in 4 days for almost $60k!:rockon: My advice is don't give it away, no matter what! If you become desperate to sell, then de-mod it, and get as close to full retail book as you can, while making up the difference selling off the mods, which will be easy to do, but hopefully someone will appreciate the work involved in installing all of that stuff.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
do you have a lower on the car??? that upper should be making way more than 20#'s

with the upper pulley in the pics the car makes 25psi, tried it on the dyno with race gas but didnt have the right plugs, or gap to make it happen. once i took the pulley off it has never been back on.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
off to florida in the morning again for the 3rd time this year. this time i'll be looking for jobs, places to live. if it goes well the cobra might be for sale sooner then later.

Users who are viewing this thread