what is a good asking price for my cobra?(3.4whipple,15kmiles)

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
tmp3520m.jpg

p7242259.jpg

p7242258.jpg

p7242263.jpg

p7172242.jpg

p6192192.jpg

p7162235.jpg

p7162234.jpg

p7162233.jpg

p7162238.jpg

p6192197.jpg

p6192198.jpg

2003 ford svt cobra
15,000 miles
Red Fire

engine/ exhaust:
stock rotating assembly
3.4l whipple supercharger(gen2)
injected engineering behemoth inlet
custom 5inch ram air intake
dual 75mm accufab throttle body
abaco air filter
abaco dbx mass air meter
dual pass heat exchanger
ported lower intake manifold
valve covers painted body color
sct xcal 3
ngk iridum tr7 ix
mac headers
shorty x pipe(no cats)
bassani mufflers, dumped
snow water meth injection(not installed)

trans:
lentech 4r70w terminator strip
full manual valvebody
trans brake
b&m shifter
b&m deep trans pan
msd 2 step
2 trans coolers

fuel system:
72# injectors
glenns performance sumped tank
areomotive eliminator fuel pump
all new stainless steel braided fuel lines
all new -an fittings
magna flow y block
-10 feed to the y block, -8 to the rails, -8 return
fore fuel rails
areomotive fuel regulator

suspension/ rear end:
8.8 rear from a gt
31 spline
coil overs all four corners
all cobra brakes front and back
koni shocks
anti roll bar
ford racing rear diff. cover

basic mod list. never drive the car and thinking about making a move down to florida. what price should i start at? and any advice as far as selling it? do you guys think having a stock engine will scare people away? also do you think having a auto depreciates the value? my car makes 624/610 at 20psi on the street tune. non locking stall converter is probably to high and really prevents the car from making good numbers on the dyno.

the car was one of the feature cars in the nitto tire booth during last years nmra event at joliet, il. at that event kj jones came up to me and asked about doing a feature on the car at bowling green, ohio. however due to family and work i couldn't make the event. i believe the car is magazine worthy. i wanted to jump up to 105# injectors, and have an e85 tune with 25psi. i just dont want to spend anymore money on the car. and have lost some interest.

my last car i sold to kevin aka yfzkevin. that car was a 04 2.6h kb cobra, which is now a 850+rwhp 3.4l stroker. kevin flew from california to wisconsin, we went over the car and kevin drove it 37 hours back to oceanside, ca.

im a very honest person, i dont lie and keep my cars clean. kevin was not disappointed with his car and i know if i sell this car the buyer wont be disappointed either.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
If that were my car I wouldnt except any less than 27k for it. And thats because we are in a bad market. Thats alot of mods you did to it and the car looks amazing. Also if it were really my car I would keep it. It's perfect for Florida :coolman:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Dude what's wrong with you, lol. Car looks amazing and is tastefully modded. Redfire is extra 50horse also. Very nice ride!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Personally I wouldn't sell it unless you really need to. You could drive it a lot more in Florida, but maybe that won't change how much you would drive it since the car only has 8K miles on it and it's 8 years old.

As far as a starting price, you'll never get back all the money you've put into it UNLESS you find the ONE person who wants ALL of the mods you've installed and would spend the money anyway. Otherwise you will find it difficult to get more than $26 $27K. The stale economy is a boon for used cars, and that may help but you'll only get top dollar from someone willing to pay a good premium over what the car's book value is. Most Terminator buyers prefer a stock or near stock car, and one that hasn't been abused or poorly maintained (you obviously take good care of your cars). Having an auto will limit your sales potential since most will want the T-56.

You do have a gorgeous Cobra there. I really hope you can keep it because it would be a shame to lose money on it, especially when you can literally drive it year round down in Florida. If you do have to sell it, I hope you get top dollar and that the new owner will be thrilled with it. Gorgeous car!

Last edited:

Blueline

Established Member
Man if you were selling this 6 months ago when I was looking, I would have easily given you 27k! Your car is perfect, I would def. reconsider selling it unless you have to. GL either way :thumbsup:

navyht

Established Member
Wow, beautiful car and very similar to my set up. If it were me I would list it for 28 and not take a penny less than 27. If it doesn't sell enjoy it in sunny Florida.

GodStang

Established Member
Car is worth 20-22. I would strip it before I sell it but be honest about what was on it. You will make way way more putting an eaton on and selling the 3.4L Behemoth. Also 80lb injectors is all you need to run E85.

Last edited:

liedenfrost

Established Member
I would part out most of the mods and put it back close to stock. You will get much more money. In addition, folks cannot get financing for a fully modded car that could fetch much more than book value.

Blueline

Established Member
If you want to put it back to stock PM me maybe we can work something out. My car is basically stock with my mods below and Im looking to go TS.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
There have been several cars go over 27,000 grand boys. Come on already. That car is worth 28,000 plus easy!!!

That being said, I would keep it for sure! You will regret selling it.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I agree with those that recommend returning it near stock if you truly want to get out of it. You will get the same money with an Eaton on it as you will like that, yet parting it will bring a much higher return. I have been thinking about this myself lately too, and know that I will have to de-mod to maximize my return, even though my car is gorgeous as it sits with the most desirable mods and only has 15k miles. Good luck with your sale, though, if you do go through with it!:beer:

yfzkevin

Established Member
Just saw the thread. Jemery is a great seller and as honest as they get. He is straight up about his car and wont hide anything. I bought his last cobra. Its an 04 silver cobra that use to have a KB 2.6 and all supporting mods for the power. I flew me and a buddy out to buy the car. Jeremy picked us up at the airport and brought us to the car. It was everything he said and more. I would 100% buy a car from him again. I drove this cobra 2300 miles straight back to my house in oceanside and didnt have a single problem with the car.

Jeremy good luck with the sale and hope the move goes good. Your new car is killer and looks amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread