• 26 spline

Votes: 83 64.8%
  • 10 spline

Votes: 45 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

laterbra

Established Member
just curious to see who has a 26 spline and the 10 spline. what power are you running etc

for example

i have a 10 spline with stock clutch and 470 rwhp

i am having mixed reviews, alot of members are saying to go with 26spline and alot of members say just to stick with the 10 spline unless im making huge numbers. i drop out of the hole at just under 4000rpm.

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
26 Spline here. Its actually very nice. I like this clutch as well, Maybe be a little heavy for some. I myself prefer slightly more heavy. Its maybe one step up heavier then stock.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
10 spline(original clutch too), 533RWHP.:-D

And all you guys thought Open Track was so much more expensive than Drag Racing.:-D;-):p

Please don't ask how many sets of front pads.:(:nonono::bash:

Last edited:

jjscobra18

Established Member
I bought mine with the 26 spline, spec stage 3 and aluminum flywheel. I am making 473rwhp. Its got about 7,000 miles on it now. If I had not purchased it like this I probably would not have done it until it was needed. Unless you are just wanting to go ahead and switch it out I would suggest just running it until you really start to make a lot of power or it breaks lol, just my .02.

Last edited:

D-Rock

I got my swim trunks...
Established Member
Same as OP....470/490. I am planning on buying a new clutch and input shaft this spring, as my TOB is starting to chirp. 50k miles on the stock clutch with no slip or issues, but if I have to tear into the tranny, I'll do everything including TOB sleeve. Working at Fedex for many years in my prior life taught me preventative maintenance is ALWAYS cheaper than repair.

rudycobra

Established Member
10 and stock clutch right now but clutch is slipping so just placed an order with lethal , liberty 26 spline , Mcloed rxt and Mcloed lightened steel flywheel and lethals sleeve and new bearings and fork , can't wait to try out new clutch

Quick Strike

Established Member
26 spline - Spec 3+. Power levels are 742 RWHP and 647 RWTQ, but the 26 spline was installed earlier when it was roughly 535/535.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Wow it seems like everyone is 50/50
jimmysidecarr have you done drag with your 10 spline?

Just once. That's all it took to realize that 100% bone stock Terminators SUCK at drag racing.

Between the rubber bushings in the hopping IRS and the sucky Goodyear rubber on the car, I had to slip the clutch to get any kind of launch going at all.
Already knowing what happens to clutches when you do that, and smelling the results that night, I said the hell with this crap!
So the car only has about 4 legitimate drag launches on it at a real drag strip.

Obviously since then I have fixed the IRS.

I have done more than a few street launches, but now I have a lot more power so I have to use almost half throttle in 1st, and roll into more throttle as I pick up speed in second, then I can go WOT in third on up.(usually)

I have to just give this car --->"just enough" throttle, because the grip is always changing and not very high on the street, with my street tires.

My gas pedal does not get to meet the carpet all that much, because spinning is just not very satisfying.

It's a totally different story at open track events.:p:dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread