What happened to the L enthusiast on SVTP?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I don't post as much in here as I used to because my L is basically finished. I haven't modded anything on it in a few years.

Robert Francis

Established Member
This is still a good site and I visit it often. "F-150 On-Line" and the "National Lightning Owners Club" used to have the heavy traffic, but over time it seems there was some disatisfaction with "The Club" and as the "F-150" site also deals with other vehicles, many Lightning owners came over to "Lightning Rodder" site. I think the "SVTP" sitefor many just got kind of forgotten in the transistions.

DolSVT00

Established Member
For me, this site got slow. Not as in traffic (well it did that too) but alot of the time it would take 3-4 minutes for a page to load. I still pop in the 13 GT500 forums though, I get alot of info there but it loads slow sometimes too.

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
For me, this site got slow. Not as in traffic (well it did that too) but alot of the time it would take 3-4 minutes for a page to load. I still pop in the 13 GT500 forums though, I get alot of info there but it loads slow sometimes too.

Are you back on LR? I remember that thing that happened.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

The current server configuration seems to be working quite well. We have nearly 2000 users online at the moment. I remember when 800 users online at one time would bring the servers to a crawl.

DolSVT00

Established Member
The current server configuration seems to be working quite well. We have nearly 2000 users online at the moment. I remember when 800 users online at one time would bring the servers to a crawl.

Its better, but in the middle of the day when traffic is High, I still run into loading problems.

DolSVT00

Established Member
Really? The evening is typically the busiest time. I haven't noticed any lag issues in quite a while, nor have we had any complaints.

Maybe its on my end, I usually browse from work durring lunch the most. It loads up the logo and header, it just takes forever to load the forum categories. I usually try my phone after that and it has problems connecting through tapatalk too.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Most on LR were/are members here as am I, not sure why traffic shifted but there will always be those of us who are die hard loyal to SVTP.

Same here, I bounce back and forth between LR and SVTP when I need Lightning help. Hell I even spend more time on here than corvette forum.

XSIVHP

SVT FrEaK
Established Member
Still here... I go through phases where I'll peruse the forums everyday and I get burnt out and wait a few weeks and hit them up again... theres several that I log onto though... I've always like SVTP.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
trading my lightning in on a 2012 f-150 fx2 supercrew with 5pt oh, full luxury package and 20in wheels. :coolman:

DolSVT00

Established Member
It would be hard to fill this palce back up, the mods on here are what caused it to really go downhill. Well some of them, and especially LL, I never had a problem with any of them, but ive read the threads and seen the comunity all feel the same way. When that happens, that bad taste is hard to get out of their mouths, and you can thank a select few morons for it, its the same thing that got NLOC and it will be the same for other forums that dont change their ways.

When a comunity starts to get small, and all the old schoolers are familiars and friends, and the new guys figure out who they can trust and who's a nut swinger the tightness of the group will runover idiots on power trips.

MISTERgadget

Turbo 4V Lightning
Established Member
People went from F1500online, to NLOC, to LR, SVTP always had a group of lightning guys here as well, and modfords and modulardepot had for a time as well. Just natural transitions that seem to happen as sites change, issues arise, and the owner/enthusiast base shifts. There's even another new board that popped up recently as well, Lightning Forums - LightningGarage.com

Users who are viewing this thread