What happened to races on the street?

robvas

Established Member
Back in the day I did my share of street racing..... still do from time to time.
But with the population explosion, housing subdivisions everywhere, and generally more traffic on the roads, it's difficult to find a good "race spot".

My daughter (16) has zero interest in hanging out in my garage or tinkering on my cars. I gave her a nice 2003 Explorer when she turned 16 and she won't even clean it, like zero interest.
So of course I detail it on Sundays in addition to being in my garage and tinkering.
I have nephews that are able to drive and have no interest in hot rods, high horsepower cars, etc. It's crazy as their dads are into cars like I am. I clearly see this as a generational leaning.

If I was a 16 year old kid and my dad had something like this back then, you wouldn't be able to drag me out of the shop!

Hey "uncle"!

robvas

Established Member
Lots of complaints about Gen Z here. Being part of that generation, a lot of people are now into corner carving. They think that any sort of straight line speed is boring

What's boring about 600-700whp cars on the street? You take your life into your own hands with each shift!

LS WUT

Established Member
Back in the day I did my share of street racing..... still do from time to time.
But with the population explosion, housing subdivisions everywhere, and generally more traffic on the roads, it's difficult to find a good "race spot".

My daughter (16) has zero interest in hanging out in my garage or tinkering on my cars. I gave her a nice 2003 Explorer when she turned 16 and she won't even clean it, like zero interest.
So of course I detail it on Sundays in addition to being in my garage and tinkering.
I have nephews that are able to drive and have no interest in hot rods, high horsepower cars, etc. It's crazy as their dads are into cars like I am. I clearly see this as a generational leaning.

If I was a 16 year old kid and my dad had something like this back then, you wouldn't be able to drag me out of the shop!

Well guess what. You’ve got a 32 year old nephew right here. I’d love to be in that shop! See you soon uncle!

robvas

Established Member

Attachments

• IMG_9309.jpeg
    IMG_9309.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread