What Fun Things do you have in your Office?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I dont have an office anymore lol

But my OR we have really expensive tables lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
my office is a shit show right now so maybe later on pics. I've got my aluminator model engine in a case (I think I finally found a soccer ball case that worked perfect, just cant fit the base/plaque) and various garbage trucks/fork lift models etc...

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
No toys in my office. But what I’ve had in my various offices over the last 25 years on the wall is a framed, famous speech by one of our GREATEST Presidents (back when Men Were MEN!)

And I MAKE people read it, who are acting in a way that they don’t understand “importance”.

1648754076061.png

the-man-in-the-arena2.jpg

Last edited:

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I have some cool "deal toys" a/k/a "tombstones" laying around the office. It is tradition that when you close a deal you get some sort of souvenir called a "deal toy" or "tombstone." The production of these is a huge business although it is dying out from what it once was.

I know I have a giant model airplane from a fleet of planes that we financed and also a baseball bat made from trees harvested from a tract of forestland that we financed. No expense is spared and there is a competition to come up with the most creative tombstone imaginable.

A finance guys career can be measured by his tombstones. If you go to the office of someone at a PE firm or a large bank they will have hundreds of these in a case. At my old firm we had an entire room dedicated to these. I do not keep them anymore unless they are super cool.

Here are some examples:
178439-Parts-Authority-PROD1-768x768.png

177556-IntraFI-Prod1-768x768.png

163721-cellphone-iphone-deal-toy-768x768.png
142590-stone-and-statue-deal-toy-768x768.png
149095-wind-turbine-boralex-deal-toy-768x768.png

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have some cool "deal toys" a/k/a "tombstones" laying around the office. It is tradition that when you close a deal you get some sort of souvenir called a "deal toy" or "tombstone." The production of these is a huge business although it is dying out from what it once was.

I know I have a giant model airplane from a fleet of planes that we financed and also a baseball bat made from trees harvested from a tract of forestland that we financed. No expense is spared and there is a competition to come up with the most creative tombstone imaginable.

A finance guys career can be measured by his tombstones. If you go to the office of someone at a PE firm or a large bank they will have hundreds of these in a case. At my old firm we had an entire room dedicated to these. I do not keep them anymore unless they are super cool.

Here are some examples:
178439-Parts-Authority-PROD1-768x768.png

177556-IntraFI-Prod1-768x768.png

163721-cellphone-iphone-deal-toy-768x768.png
142590-stone-and-statue-deal-toy-768x768.png
149095-wind-turbine-boralex-deal-toy-768x768.png
Where’s the forklift?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I had 8-10 foxbody mustang GMP diecasts I shouldn't have sold. Now I'm thinking about buying some others to put in the office.

I do have that blue LEGO fastback mustang I need to put together.

Otherwise I have a fridge full of beer.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
ccf831f4a37a9ec5b5bf6320f9ccbb7f.jpg
0be32b52dfa94d060ba74442f4f568e7.jpg

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Sometimes I get to enjoy my morning coffee with the window open and the breeze blowing through.

What plane is that?

A330?

Not sure lol

The "M" yokes give it away, Embraer. (although Concorde has them as well)

Good ol Embraer "Jungle Jet" 175 (made in Brazil)

Boeing and most companies use traditional yokes,
"W" for Boeings, "w" or "V" for most others Cessna's (162 used a stick in a yoke position pich is still push pull like a yoke, bur roll is similar to a stick, it goes into the firewall like the yoke on a 172.
Airbus however uses a flight stick on the left of the right seat and and right of the left seat. (I'd be most comfortable right seating in one, right hand on the control and left on the throttle quadrant) Cirius also use these and are considered "side yokes."

The Honneywell Primus glass cockpit (They did Repair & Overhaul on these here in Wichita until '20 now in Olathe (KC)) with the center MFD and the right PFD and left EICAS help, but the dead giveaway is if you look between the Fight Control Mode Panel at the top in the center stack and below the middle MFD should be a tag saying "Embraer 175."

Users who are viewing this thread