What Fun Things do you have in your Office?

Orange95

Reality is only as far as you can see
Established Member
We don't really have anything fun in the office other than zero supervision 24/7. If the weather is decent, we'll hit some golf balls off the back porch of the dispatch office. Every now and then I'll get out in one of the older Pete's and get a good trailer inventory at the Tyson plants I deal with.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
One of the basement walls. Nothing too fancy (or organized for that matter). Put up my window sticker and SVT cert last night.

Anything suspicious you might see is probably for the baby shower/diaper party today for my wife’s brother and his wife.
73372C65-6886-46B4-AA83-60A43137ABC0.jpeg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
This kind of fits in this thread so I will share. Somehow I have been added to an "expert network" such that I get paid for my opinion. Once or twice a week I will be asked my opinion on various investment related topics. For instance my opinion on market direction or an investment product.

The network then packages this and sells it to fee paying clients. For instance a money manager that is wondering what institutional investors are thinking. This is how it is presented to me:

1682547540567.png

The thing is that I respond with random bullshit answers. Lots of "I don't know" or "I don't have an opinion on this." It only takes a few minutes of my time and I typically do it while I am on a conference call or in a zoom meeting. Incredibly they keep coming back. Sometimes I clear $300 a week doing this. They have asked me to do video responses for $400 a crack but I do not want to be video taped for fear of my likeness being used to advertise products.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This kind of fits in this thread so I will share. Somehow I have been added to an "expert network" such that I get paid for my opinion. Once or twice a week I will be asked my opinion on various investment related topics. For instance my opinion on market direction or an investment product.

The network then packages this and sells it to fee paying clients. For instance a money manager that is wondering what institutional investors are thinking. This is how it is presented to me:

View attachment 1791671

The thing is that I respond with random bullshit answers. Lots of "I don't know" or "I don't have an opinion on this." It only takes a few minutes of my time and I typically do it while I am on a conference call or in a zoom meeting. Incredibly they keep coming back. Sometimes I clear $300 a week doing this. They have asked me to do video responses for $400 a crack but I do not want to be video taped for fear of my likeness being used to advertise products.

Same happened to me about 5 years ago. Usually they're $50-500 pieces, mostly paid out on Amazon. Last year I made just over $5,000 doing it.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I get those too. Have also had countless "consulting" offers on LinkedIn for up to $500/hr (lol). True story though.

Im also afraid of my likeness being used and word getting around im consulting on the side so I don't do it since im happily employed at the moment via w2.

Maybe some day...

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

5.2Leader

Established Member

View attachment 1791671

It may be time to check your 8319 emails before you crash gmail!

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

View attachment 1791671

You could qualify as a government worker!

Users who are viewing this thread