What else am I missing lol

brownsvo

Chrome of Mystic
Established Member
So deployment is coming to an end and I ordered a bunch of goodies. I intended to treat myself to a 2.3L whipple, but shipping to Hawaii is around 300-600$. Instead I decided I would be responsible and install supporting mods for it and hopefully get one when I move back to the mainland at the end of the year. I'm not planning on going anything crazy, maybe 600 even, just making room to grow when I eventually get bored of 13psi I'm sitting at now with the pullied heaton.
Anyways, here is my list! Thoughts on Anything I overlooked?
-Stock engine,
-stock trans(rebuilt),
-stock differential (rebuilt)
-JLT ram air feeding into a *sct 2600 MAF, stock throttlebody.
-*60lb Ford motorsport injectors
-BBK longtubes into BBK Catted x, standard L.A.F. catback.
-twin 340 deatsch pumps
-- I did pick up another fpdm to splice in, but looking at the manufacturer's charts these pull less amps than the vague factory pumps I found. Maybe not even Heaton.

Things to consider, I realized the transmission, and half shafts are prone to break. More so with sticky tires, which I don't own. My clutch is your typical like factory rated specs, so I don't expect it to hold 600hp with sticky tires. It's more or less insurance that it will slip or my tires will spin. (Yes I'm aware spinning makes bouncing tires, and that is more likely to break a half shift as much as a full of 5k launch with slicks would. Car is my daily, and I spend most of my time stoplight to stoplight.
So, air-fuel-spark wise, this setup should be pretty safe for when the time comes to adopt a homeless whipple right?

03' White Snake

Established Member
If you haven’t rebuilt the trans yet, upgrade to a 26 spline input shaft. This will also require a new clutch.

You can build a plug and play dual FPDM harness pretty easy. The hard part is getting larger and more power wires into the stock hat to run the pumps. Easiest option is to get a return style hat and plug the extra line in the hat. You can buy an adapter that will hook it back up to stock fuel line.

Get a dual pass HE. LFP or Something similar.

Good luck, thanks for your service.

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
Aftermarket heat exchanger, auxiliary idler pulley for more belt wrap, maybe a belt tensioner brace. If you are concerned about wheel hop, some diff bushings, subframe bushings, and subframe connectors will solve that. A rear end cover wouldn't hurt either while you are in there.

At 600hp long tubes aren't very beneficial on these cars for the price and the time it takes to install them. If you have plans to go to 7-800 down the road they may be worth it. If not, the money may be better invested elsewhere on the car.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Skip the second FPDM and put the money towards an upgraded fuel system. You don't need the FPDM now so there's no point in dealing with the wiring. And if you end up in a place with E85 you'll probably want to run it some of the time at least. Which means a bigger fuel system.

MG0h3

Established Member
Yep. Once and done on the fuel system and I’d say go return.

The IRS can take more power than you think. You’ll break anything wheelhopping whether you have 400hp or 800hp.

Run a DR. It fixes a lot of wheel hop issues.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

brownsvo

Chrome of Mystic
Established Member
Aftermarket heat exchanger, auxiliary idler pulley for more belt wrap, maybe a belt tensioner brace. If you are concerned about wheel hop, some diff bushings, subframe bushings, and subframe connectors will solve that. A rear end cover wouldn't hurt either while you are in there.

At 600hp long tubes aren't very beneficial on these cars for the price and the time it takes to install them. If you have plans to go to 7-800 down the road they may be worth it. If not, the money may be better invested elsewhere on the car.
I already installed the longtubes, so no worries there. I was on an install high and felt I could do anything after rebuilding the IRS with new bearings and clutches lol. I also put in the Ford motorsport differential brace, MM IRS tie rods, and do believe I changed out the suffrage bushings to the poly awhile back. I've owned the car nearly 8 years so memory is a bit fuzzy.
If you haven’t rebuilt the trans yet, upgrade to a 26 spline input shaft. This will also require a new clutch.

You can build a plug and play dual FPDM harness pretty easy. The hard part is getting larger and more power wires into the stock hat to run the pumps. Easiest option is to get a return style hat and plug the extra line in the hat. You can buy an adapter that will hook it back up to stock fuel line.

Get a dual pass HE. LFP or Something similar.

Good luck, thanks for your service.
The transmission was rebuilt awhile back due to 2nd gear grinding, I've thought about the 10 to 26 input gear swap when the time comes for a better clutch/flywheel. I hadn't upgraded yet as I have no clue where I'm at powerwise as I haven't been to a dyno due to oahu being so dang limited on whats available.

Thanks for the ideas!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not sure I'd WANT to leave Oahu. My wife would love to live on Maui. My personal choice, as well. But Oahu would suit me just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread