What does an ATI Procharger P1-SC sound like??

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
As far as the engine goes... All it's got is a Mac Cat-Back. Im planning on just getting the blower on there, and building around it. By the way, ive been trying to call the power source for an hour, and its been busy!! argh...

Ive also got Baer Eradispeed Rotors....

-Homer

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
How does your car sound now that you have the different Cat back on? Louder than stock? Would you buy that Cat back again? Just asking as mine in completely stock now except for rims. Pro 5.0 shifter.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I like it. It sounds like flowmasters... Its got a nice burbuly idle.. and isnt obnoxiously loud... (some of my friends who dont know any better think its the stock exhaust).
But, when you get on it.... it gets kinda loud, and reeeal intimidating....

-Homer

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Originally posted by kpyzfrwon
Was this kit u bought through Power Source the 3-CORE intercooler P-1SC? I just called a gentleman at Power Source and he quoted $3699 with the Lighting MAF AND the #42lb injectors.

The real question is, are we talking about the 3-CORE intercooler P-1SC kit with the above mentioned extras for $3699?????

This has to be to good to be true.:shrug:

That is the P1-SC 3 core kit is for the Mustang GTnot my cobra, which I paid 3900 for... everything for cobras are more expensive..... :shrug:

I am, however, going to call on a 50 dollar credit because in their ad, it says that they have free freight on all orders over 100 bucks or something....

-Homer

99cobrajms

Established Member
If you a dd a P-1SC to your 99 cobra get the PRO-M UNIVER MAF, I pegged the 90MM LMAF. I also tossed the ATI supplied WALBRO for a CHICANE 255 fuel Pump.. My tuner went with the DIABLO chip. She runs sweet now.

John

99cobrajms

Established Member
She DYNO's 444RWHPS and 377 RWTQ

The PRO-M UNIVER MAF is the 3.5 INCH one (or roughly 89MMs), but you order it in inches.

The whistle sound turns head big time. I love the sound.

I am currently cutting up and welding (the guys at the shop are) a 99 cobra Anderon PowerPipe to fit the Procharger (Anderson does not make a pipe for a 99 with a P-1SC) so she can breather better. This should get me another 2-3 PSI!! I got a 10 pulley now..

John

99cobrajms

Established Member
Here is the last DYNO after I tossed the ATI supplied WALBRO fuel pump and added the CHICANE fuel pump. The two runs on 1/10 are with the CHICANE an dthe 11/15 is with the WALBRO. The Chicane saved my @ss but that is me. I do know of a guy putting down 475 RWHPs on a 2001 with the ATI supplied pump. It did not work for me.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrajms
Here is the last DYNO after I tossed the ATI supplied WALBRO fuel pump and added the CHICANE fuel pump. The two runs on 1/10 are with the CHICANE an dthe 11/15 is with the WALBRO. The Chicane saved my @ss but that is me. I do know of a guy putting down 475 RWHPs on a 2001 with the ATI supplied pump. It did not work for me.

If you haven't had that engine prepped I would have them retune your chip to richen that mix some.

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Just keep your a/f mixture a little on the rich side for safety. On another note, have any of you "blower" guys installed Denso Iridium spark plugs? If so, any noticeable difference, etc...?

OCMike

Established Member
San Fransisko, Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
The Racetronix fuel pump works well too. I believe it is a modified Walbro. If you can put up with the noise, go with the Aeromotive pump and controller. Good for up to 1000 at the rear. Tuning on a wide-band dyno (A/F ratios) is critical!

Here is my latest dyno:

mmsdyno4.jpg

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Very, Very nice! Hopefully, Ill have as good of luck with my procharger as you are having.
Before I get it installed, I need to go to the local SVT dealer for a checkup. After my little "spring break" excursion to Mardi-Gras, My car is acting up. Its throwing a low coolant light when the engine is cold, and also puffed blue smoke upon startup in the morning. (only once)
I want to get the most out of my warranty before It gets voided when the blower goes on. (I still have a year and a half left, and 15K miles on the clock).

-Homer

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Yeah, better take advantage of that warranty now, to get her up to snuff.... Do not need any extra complications with the blower....... just makes things more costly....

99cobrajms

Established Member
I added my P-1SC at 36,800 miles. I just had the tranny rebuilt for free at 35,680!!!! Milk all you can get now, have all checked out.

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 99cobrajms
I added my P-1SC at 36,800 miles. I just had the tranny rebuilt for free at 35,680!!!! Milk all you can get now, have all checked out.

35,680???? Whew, cutting it close, huh??? But it does not matter - under the warranty, right???:-D

99cobrajms

Established Member
Yes, all covered but I needed to get my sales guy to scream at th service mgr. I had a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch in with 4.10 and alum driveshaft plus subframes..... U/D pulleys...etc...

Hey, I bought a V6 2 montth later so all worked for everyone!!

John

Users who are viewing this thread