What does an ATI Procharger P1-SC sound like??

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Im planning to order an ATI Procharger P1-SC. Among all the other things that im looking for in a supercharger.... sound is one of them. Im looking for a big blower whine to let everybody know what I have under the hood. I just heard a Procharger P-600B, and it sounds great.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

-Homer

OCMike

Established Member
San Fransisko, Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Originally posted by IUP99snake
Im planning to order an ATI Procharger P1-SC. Among all the other things that im looking for in a supercharger.... sound is one of them. Im looking for a big blower whine to let everybody know what I have under the hood. I just heard a Procharger P-600B, and it sounds great.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

-Homer

Mine sounds like a jet getting ready to take off. Let's put it this way...a Porsche TT wouldn't run me because he could hear the blower at idle. :shrug: :shrug:

OCMike

Established Member
I think you and I are in the minority Homer. I hear a lot of guys whining about the ATI whine (really...no pun intended).
I think this is the big reason the Vortech is gaining in popularity, as they offer a quieter model.
Although, with those friggin' LOUD exhausts you Cobra guys run, how will you hear the blower anyway???

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
good question...

I almost bought a single-turbo kit because they sound so awesome... but they are fuggen expensive ($6000 greenbacks), and they are tempermental.. They could never match the procharger 3 year warranty.

I cant wait till my stuff comes in.

-Homer

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I went with the Vortech V2 SQ and still had a hard time with getting people to run me so why advertise??? I'll tell you right now(in my area at least), if you run up next to most other cars around this area with an obvious whine they'll put their tails between their legs and run away.

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
I love my P-1SC... The whine is just loud enough to let you know it is there.. The higher the rpm's get, it does sound like a jet engine taking off.. Love it.. Does attract much attention...:thumbsup:

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
How much for your lighting MAF and 42# injectors? I am ordering a P-1SC kit this week and was just curious. By the way I live 2 miles from Procharger's headquarters here in KC. Can u say onsite tech support!:rolling:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I just bought mine from "the power source" (The-Power-Source.com) and, I paid 3900.00 plus 50.00 shipping as a package deal with the complete stage II procharger kit along with the lightning MAF and 42#ers...
-Homer

OCMike

Established Member
Originally posted by kpyzfrwon
How much for your lighting MAF and 42# injectors? I am ordering a P-1SC kit this week and was just curious. By the way I live 2 miles from Procharger's headquarters here in KC. Can u say onsite tech support!:rolling:

You must be kidding, right??? ATI's "tech support" is a joke! They make a great blower, but their tech support sucks like their POS BOV. (IMHO)

Glad to hear you are nearby though...my P1 is with them as I write this. All the blower oil leaked out into the intake under routine driving. They are dragging their feet "looking into" the cause. Maybe I will ask you to go stomp on somebody's desk for me. beer: :beer:

:bash: :bash: :bash: :

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Was this kit u bought through Power Source the 3-CORE intercooler P-1SC? I just called a gentleman at Power Source and he quoted $3699 with the Lighting MAF AND the #42lb injectors.

The real question is, are we talking about the 3-CORE intercooler P-1SC kit with the above mentioned extras for $3699?????

This has to be to good to be true.:shrug:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I paid 3900.00 plus 50.00 shipping with the P1-SC 3-core, the lightning MAF, and 42# injectors. Thats what he quoted me... and said I should buy it soon before the price goes up. I snagged it because its the cheapest I could find... anywhere.

I could find kits for around 3900 other places but they didnt come with the 42# injectors, and lightning MAF.

If he quoted you 3699 for everything... take it and run, because I just got burned 200 bucks!!

-Homer

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
AMAZING! When did u buy your kit? I'd be calling back for a $200 credit. The gentleman I talked with was named Charlie. Very nice by the way & helpful.

If you go to Power Source website, you can see the $3699 bundled kit w/MAF & Injectors. WOW:beer:

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Another quick question. Did u have to change your computer chip that came with the kit? Procharger says that 99 Cobra's may require a different chip than the obe that comes with the kit.

Were u aware of this?(This is from Procharger)

Users who are viewing this thread