What do you guys think?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
These would be 28 spline axels and diffs correct? Talk him down in price because you'll end up gutting it and building it right

Last edited:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I want to build it yes. I'm not very savy with these swaps though. So Idk if the price is good, or what else it would need. Next yr my build is going to be an MMR crate with a KB. My suspension will need a good upgrade. Hence I'm asking if I should go for this of its what I will need. Sry idk much about SRA swaps, I read a little here n there but it doesn't help that I'm clueless still hahaha. I'll give him a call and ask if it's 28. I want 31 right?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
This swap is pricey if you havnt looked into already. Let me get you a link to some good info...

As far as spline count, if you are going to do a cheaper route and don't want to install a new diff and axels then yes make sure they are 31 because 28's are trash. Im not sure what a rear end like this goes for anymore, I was fortunate enough to have a buddy donate me his stock SRA out of his GT because he went IRS.

Last edited:

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
I want to swap over because of 2 reasons. 1. Weight
2. Seems the stock IRS has trouble withstanding a lot of torq. My rwhp/torq isn't anything to awe at now. I'm just thinking about the future, and if this Craigslist SRA is a good deal, I should think about getting a jump start on supporting the future power.

Ukfox89

Established Member
i have seen plenty of people support plenty of power on the stock IRS, just need to know how to drive with it and a good set of tires.

619Cobra04

Mystic Cobra
Established Member
Ukfox, if I were to keep the stock IRS, what are the supporting mods for it? I've heard of a few and many have different setups. I'm trying to weigh my options. I did not realize how much the SRA swap would be. It's still my option unless other wise. Overall plan is to def be running 3.73s. I know I need new bushings as well. What half shafts are out there and what would allow me to go wider rubber? The options are limitless and I'd rather just have someone tell me a good setup now. Anyway, the build won't be until I get back from deployment around April, so if this SRA isn't a good deal I'll be waiting. Research for now isn't bad.

Thank you for the insight guys

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Ukfox, if I were to keep the stock IRS, what are the supporting mods for it? I've heard of a few and many have different setups. I'm trying to weigh my options. I did not realize how much the SRA swap would be. It's still my option unless other wise. Overall plan is to def be running 3.73s. I know I need new bushings as well. What half shafts are out there and what would allow me to go wider rubber? The options are limitless and I'd rather just have someone tell me a good setup now. Anyway, the build won't be until I get back from deployment around April, so if this SRA isn't a good deal I'll be waiting. Research for now isn't bad.

Thank you for the insight guys

(Better aftermarket)-Rear cover or rear cover brace.
Bias ply drag slicks not DRs.
Stock axles

FTBR IRS bushings for the ultimate fix.

The key is not running DRs, they are very unforgiving and deliver very high shock loads where as a bias slick will wind up and flex almost like a spring and the torque delivery is much more gentle. Even though they hook much better.

Users who are viewing this thread