What do with flywheel ?

Maxspeed04svt

Established Member
Im in the process of a clutch install, now that it's all apart the clutch and flywheel is much worse shape then I expected .

I'm not sure what to do with the flywheel, some say resurfacing is ok some say no way, but some of the threads are old .

What's the verdict on this ? Does it have to be resurfaced a special way ?

Back in the day I've always gotten away with just cleaning up the flywheel myself with a soft Brillo pad but I don't think will fly with this setup .

Is McLeod still doing flywheel rebuilds ? What's the cost ?

Thanks

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member
New flywheel or send to McLeod

I don't remember the price but I hear they are the only ones that could add a steel plate to the stock one

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
It was my understanding that the flywheel can be resurfaced one time.

xtreme_exploder

Established Member
I just had mine rebuilt by McLeod, cost about $150 with shipping. I would not personally resurface it, as that steel insert is quite thin as it is and you'll have the edges warp and curl under any abuse. Then you'll have a spongy pedal and poor disengagement and be wishing you just did it right lol. $150-$175 for basically a new flywheel is a great deal.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The shop has a flywheel surfacing machine and the oem 03/04's don't turn out well, it's better to get a new insert or new flywheel. I got a great deal on a new Mcleod last month...a speed shop on ebay had a few NOS...
KGrHqNl0E9JvoY2DlBPVoCNULQ--60_57_zpslfavxb9x.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread