what do we build for?

teal_93

Established Member
in all honesty what goal are we all going for? id say the street car is the best, granted a 9 second car is bad ass, is anyone just building as they go? going for a super clean stock look? or a radiacal track look? a track car is bad ass but I would take a 500 hp street car over a track car any day, with full interior, a car you can enjoy and cruise with that has a lumpy cam and a whining blower . just my two pennies..... any thoughts?

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
I just want a car that looks good as I'm driving, that has the power to back it up at the track, all while retaining the creature comforts.

-Eric

oldmodman

Established Member
In my case it is for personal satisfaction.
I just enjoy working on stuff. Could be a car, motorcycle, gun, model helicopter, or even my garden.

teal_93

Established Member
I just do it for the fun, all the looks the car gets, and the pure happiness when a kid says he wants a car thats like mine!

Zentenk

Established Member
I'm just going for reliable power that can handle well. I'm thinking 550-600rwhp, maybe repaint my red to Monterey Blue and upgrade interior.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just want a car that looks good as I'm driving, that has the power to back it up at the track, all while retaining the creature comforts.

-Eric

Those were my exact goals for my '03 Cobra. I guess I would add that I wanted a car that was different enough to stand out, performance wise. I did meet all of those goals and was more than satisfied with the car. I never had any track related goals, like building a 10 second car.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
It's hard not to mod. When I purchased my Mach 1 back in '03 I became addicted to modifying that car, looks and HP. I eventually sold it for a loss in '09 and swore I wouldn't do that again. Fast forward to present day, I purchased an VR '00 lightning and told myself initially I wasn't going to mod it. Well that lasted 90 days next thing you know it's in the shop getting pullied, lowered, tinted, I'm having the hi flow cats removed and Predator tuned. So much for "I'm not spending any money on this thing". Once you've been bitten buy the mod bug you're hooked for life.

delvin.a

Established Member
^ Exactly.

I'm building my fox to be a factory ++ kinda ride. Nothing flashy just really clean and fast enough to handle C6Z's. That's not too much is it?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Those were my exact goals for my '03 Cobra. I guess I would add that I wanted a car that was different enough to stand out, performance wise. I did meet all of those goals and was more than satisfied with the car. I never had any track related goals, like building a 10 second car.

My goals were very similar. I wanted a car with good street manners and driveability with around 500 hp. I know I will never be the fastest car on the street and I never go to the track, so this was as much power as I will ever need.
I then added the Kaenen hood and custom stripe because that was the appearance I was looking for and it sets the car apart from any other Cobra's out there.
I also added the Bassani catted X and Borla Stingers for the unique sounding exhaust that really turns heads.
I could not be any happier with the final results and love driving the Cobra just about everyday.:dancenana:

Last edited:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I also wanted a good street car that was comfortable to drive every day, yet made good power.

That means, I want it somewhat quiet with a smooth ride that can be driven in the rain if necessary. So that means no loud exhaust or drag radials.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Performance first.
For a while I had to be on the first mod that was coming out. Now I wait and watch what parts work and go from there. Next vehicle may be the X6-M.

va boy

Established Member
It's really should be classified as a disease. Bought mine bone stock except for drop in K&N filter. Had every intention of leaving it that way. 1 month later I had most of the usual bolt ons and an upper only. Now I'm looking for a TS. Honestly I have all the HP anyone really needs for a street driven car, but it's just too easy to mod these things!
Better than spending it on hookers and cocaine I guess?

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
i'm not building shit right now. but street/strip is the way to go, imo. straight up drag cars don't impress me. sure, they're fun to watch. and then the guy has to load it onto a trailer to take it home. fail. for me, anyway.

FoxFour

Peace,Love and Soul!
Established Member
I want street ability which includes a functioning A/C; safety and reliability. I am still in the process of modifications, which in the 12 years of ownership of this car has been on- going. Next step is engine build and supercharger upgrade, which I would like to have around 475 rwhp.

bones srt-4

yep,still a neon.
Established Member
to me having a fast car that you can only drive at a track = boring. what i am going for is a daily driver that does very well on the street as well at the track. i will be having a 50 trim installed in my car in about 3 weeks. i can see i will going through a lot of tires this year.

teal_93

Established Member
Yea bitten by the mod bug myself, when I first bought my cobra the idea was to just lower it and fix the wheels, will one thing les to a other and I've did about every bolt under the sun except heads...

Users who are viewing this thread