what do we build for?

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
most of my cars i've thrown the book at. before i bought the z i made the misses promise me she wouldn't let me do that to this car. so it's getting 4 mods, yup 4.

mild to wild
muffler mod
vet air intake
black mamba cam/tune

that's it. to answer your question i mod for myself. i just want to enjoy what i've got.

teal_93

Established Member
Good thread, I want to go fast but I also like to cruise and enjoy the a/c, a street car ( in my op is way better and enjoyable) a track car you gotta have alot of cash! And I love driving my car when I want, a cage is to extreme for me

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Personally I'll take a bone stock/bolt on street car and a seperate dedicated track car.

Both can be done for what some put in purchase price and mods in a highly modified street car.

Edit: you don't need alot of cash for a track car like some think.

Buy a used race car 90% complete.

Hell, my rail was $8700 total by the time I finished it.
Low 9s (Could have been 8s) at 140 for well under 10K.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I want a mid-11 second (low 11's wouldn't break my heart lol) street truck that my mom could drive everyday. Be able to drive it cross country with cold A/C blowing. Be able to haul my fourwheeler around, and haul the boat to the lake. Throw it on the autocross and have a good time; and have a good time on some mountain roads.

allstock

Established Member
I build mine to be faster than my friends car :banana:

Its all just a pissin contest with me and my friends but they are starting to over do it and I cant hang anymore (money and speed). My one buddy bought a 2011 5.0 and immediately got a t76 ball bearing turbo kit fabbed up for it. My other buddy just bought a twin turbo kit for his c5 z06 and is aiming for 700whp.

I think ill just stick with a 500-600whp cobra that is plenty streetable.

My94GT

Established Member
i couldnt even tell you why my build went in the direction it did but the goal is to just go as fast as i can i guess. along the way ive just done what was needed to support that goal.

next car i build will be a fast street car, my car now has drifted more into the realm of a track car. it may see some street time.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
My car is about as stock as they can look. I am high 12's now. With my 408 and turbo I am hoping to hit low 10s with the A/C

Riptide

Established Member
As fast as I can afford to build it. Which in the case of my 3v car is going to be around only 450whp. I'm done after that unless it blows up.

Users who are viewing this thread