What do I need to supercharge a 2013 5.0 mustang?

ckbane6

Established Member
What are the motor mods and suspension mods needed to supercharge my 2013 5.0 mustang? Kit I am looking at is a 2.8l kenne bell. I'm looking to get about 700-800 horsepower out of the build.1000 horsepower maybe later on down the road.

GCubersoldat

Established Member
What are the motor mods and suspension mods needed to supercharge my 2013 5.0 mustang? Kit I am looking at is a 2.8l kenne bell. I'm looking to get about 700-800 horsepower out of the build.1000 horsepower maybe later on down the road.

not sure what the stock coyote internals can hold up to...im guessing after 700HP you'll need forged internals. maybe some of the 5.0 coyote guys can chime in. tubular upper lower control arms are ideal to help with grip along with DR's...

ckbane6

Established Member
not sure what the stock coyote internals can hold up to...im guessing after 700HP you'll need forged internals. maybe some of the 5.0 coyote guys can chime in. tubular upper lower control arms are ideal to help with grip along with DR's...

I've heard a built short block would that be necessary or is that too much? Money won't be an issue I'm not looking to get cheap parts I want to do the build right to ensure I won't have any major problems down the road and I meet my power goals. Also would I need a better cooling system and fuel system?

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I'm not usually on this forum, but while looking at another youtube vid, I came across this video.

It may have some good information; up to you...

[youtube_browser]0iD4Acp0k24[/youtube_browser]

Part one.

ckbane6

Established Member
I'm not usually on this forum, but while looking at another youtube vid, I came across this video.

It may have some good information; up to you...

[youtube_browser]0iD4Acp0k24[/youtube_browser]

Part one.

Yeah man that video was plenty helpful thanks you.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I've heard a built short block would that be necessary or is that too much? Money won't be an issue I'm not looking to get cheap parts I want to do the build right to ensure I won't have any major problems down the road and I meet my power goals. Also would I need a better cooling system and fuel system?

read some of the Coyote threads on here.. Your asking if it's Necessary to build your oem longblock to achieve 800-1000HP? Go to school Son!!:read:

ckbane6

Established Member
read some of the Coyote threads on here.. Your asking if it's Necessary to build your oem longblock to achieve 800-1000HP? Go to school Son!!:read:

I don't have time for school ATM ima be busy with basic training and my job training. I just want to know what I need to know so I don't have to worry about anything but upgrading the car and how to perform my job at the top of my level.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I don't have time for school ATM ima be busy with basic training and my job training. I just want to know what I need to know so I don't have to worry about anything but upgrading the car and how to perform my job at the top of my level.

haha it's just a figure of speech, there's lots of info in the new 5.0 forum here...The shop has done a few Vortech builds with the new Coyote, the first put down mid 600's with NO upgrades to anything, another made 700 with meth, that combo only needed bigger injectors. I'd feel comfortable with the stock motor in the 600 range..:)

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I would definitely look into getting an 03/04 block. :lol1:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I would definitely look into getting an 03/04 block. :lol1:
Why laugh? the 03/04 iron is pretty damm stout! Beefcake even cracked his prototype Ford Racing Coyote block running 8's!
The block is an issue for sure at hp levels over 900..

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why laugh? the 03/04 iron is pretty damm stout! Beefcake even cracked his prototype Ford Racing Coyote block running 8's!
The block is an issue for sure at hp levels over 900..

The "laugh" was me being a smart ass about it. :poke:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
The "laugh" was me being a smart ass about it. :poke:
Guys like KenB,Beefcake and Matherly have spoke about the Coyote block splitting when a LOT of power is thrown at it while you regularly see 03/04 Cobra iron supporting well over 1000:rockon:

paulsauto

Established Member
Well speaking of school you'd better get a lot of school if you think your going to run an terminator block with coyote parts and really you need to know what you need to replace to make 1k horse?! How bout engine and trans!!

zachcrosen

Established Member
I say you definitely need to build the bottom end to go 700-800 rwhp. I've read the stock block is good to around 600-650. I would say either get a MMR built bottom end or go with an Aluminator and sell your whole engine to recoup some of the cost.

Suspension, you will likely want UCAs, LCAs and some good DRs to put the power down. Even with good DRs, you likely won't put that much to the ground without blowing the tires off! If you lower the car, you will want to add relocation brackets and a panhard bar to the list. Maybe even a Watts link???

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Well speaking of school you'd better get a lot of school if you think your going to run an terminator block with coyote parts and really you need to know what you need to replace to make 1k horse?! How bout engine and trans!!

aahhh? That isn't AT ALL what I was suggesting. Just answering the other members post about 03/04 Cobra blocks. WHERE does it say I told him the OP to use a Cobra block?

Users who are viewing this thread