What do i need ?? JLT CAI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker

Solid Stang said:
I'm coming into this without any preconvceived opinion but I don't see how the JLT CAI is any different compared to others on the market. Most CAI's put the filter in the fenderwell and have a 90* elbow to the Mass Air. That is considered bad by the tuning pros. So I read a few pages back that JLT puts the Mass Air in the fenderwell also. I can see that as being good but your making the air intake track so much longer.

The stock intake puts the filter in front of the mass air already. Cold air is drawn in by the snorkel from the fenderwell (cai ?) and has been found that if removed, does not increase performance.

So what is so different with the JLT that can give such outstanding performance increase? Anybody have pictures? I mean, any mod on an 03/04 Cobra is gonna net decent gains, but on a N/A cobra, i'm doubtful.
Read pages 1-5. All the pics and infos there.

Tucker

SnakeBite98 said:
I owned one, and switched to a WMS because i felt it would fit better, perform better and not come chipped. the JLT made my car run super rich, exhaust popped on every hard shift and i had some rough idle problems. switched to the WMS and it fit better, popping went away and idle was better. Its still rich but alittle better. I love how some of you make fun of the DC because its plastic and could've been made from Home Depot parts, it could i agree. But the JLT is still plastic, but a lot better because its painted. Whatever, I never dynoed mine with it on the car, but the SOTP meter says i got nothin. Its also kinda hard to hear that a guy in his back-yard has more research done on CAI's then multi-million dollar companies.
This is the first I've heard of a intake, ANY intake, causing a car to run soo rich it back fired.
You say, it still runs rich, but not as bad. Did you dyno your car to see the A/F? Before and after?
I'm sorry about the paint chip, but that can be touched up.
This is also the first time somone said they felt nothing from my intake swap.
It sounds like you may have a tuning issue with your car. Have you ever had it tuned? Because if you were tuned for a certin intake set up, then go to mine the car will run rich or lean. The car need to know about the changes.

So far my customers and I have dyno tested my kit vs. most all other kits on the market and beat them. I too wonder why I can make something that looks and works better then the big guys.
And BTW, I don't make them in my backyard.

I'm sorry the JLT didn't work on your car and I'm glad the VMS does.
I'm not looking to be the only intake out there or even the best, I just want to give customers another choice and a good product.

Stitch

Established Member
Tucker said:
Read pages 1-5. All the pics and infos there.

Page 1 thru 5 was a bunch of childish flaming with a few unconfirmed dyno graphs and some pics of the kit on the car.

I want to see pics of the entire kit.

Does JLT have a website?

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Wow, glad I wondered over here. I can see that everything is under control. :):)

NXSVTCOBRA

RioRed4v said:
obviously i must have struck a nerve with the N2O kit install gone wrong. I take it you still haven't got it installed yet..lol. Need some help with that?? :poke:

it is installed damnit!!!! all except the wiring buhahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Solid Stang said:
I'm coming into this without any preconvceived opinion but I don't see how the JLT CAI is any different compared to others on the market. Most CAI's put the filter in the fenderwell and have a 90* elbow to the Mass Air. That is considered bad by the tuning pros. So I read a few pages back that JLT puts the Mass Air in the fenderwell also. I can see that as being good but your making the air intake track so much longer.

The stock intake puts the filter in front of the mass air already. Cold air is drawn in by the snorkel from the fenderwell (cai ?) and has been found that if removed, does not increase performance.

So what is so different with the JLT that can give such outstanding performance increase? Anybody have pictures? I mean, any mod on an 03/04 Cobra is gonna net decent gains, but on a N/A cobra, i'm doubtful.

WOW, guess you dont read much on, how the MAF works. and what effects its readings ?? '' Remmber,thought,that MASS AIR METERS can be thrown out of whack by nearby 90-degree bends in the inlet tubing.causing in accurate timing and fuel'' - 5.0 Mustang & SuperFords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread