What do i need ?? JLT CAI

Status
Not open for further replies.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
im confused. is it $150 with everything ill need ?? i have the Densechager(MAF-fwrd.) or so i Yes-$150 .. MAF Adapter- Yes ?? S&B Filter-Yes..... and that comes out too$195 + S&H ??

Tucker

99cbra said:
save your money....200 for 3 horsepower....sort of a waste especially since you already have the densecharger.....290 more on top of that and you have a nitrous kit
If you don't know what your talking about don't comment.
How many customers with JLT's have to post there results before you'll stop making stupid comments??? BTW, when did Densecharger start making "full densecharger rear seat deletes" ?? Check your sig!

If you are stock, you will need the kit, plus the adaptor and filter.

One way to save $ is to cut your DC at the flange at the MAF. leave a 1/2". This will be your MAF adaptor. Then you can use the filter youy have from the DC and save $55. Then all you need is the $150 kit.

Last edited:

RioRed4v

Established Member
Tucker said:
BTW, when did Densecharger start making "full densecharger rear seat deletes" ?? Check your sig!

LMAO... glad to see i'm not the only one seeing it like that. His sig is full of run-on & mis-typed info.

01Blue...my .02 to you. Definitely ditch the Densecharger. Much better gains can be had with the JLT, and every mod you do, will only benefit your car even more. A friend of mine has the densecharger, and I just purchased 3 JLT CAI (1 for me, 2 for my friends), and I got them installed this weekend. The quality is very nice, and it really nice and snug fit. Very good product, and my friend said the SOTP difference on his 98 was noticeable.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Thanks Jay & RIO. ill be doing what Jay said.. thanks man.shows alot from him. that hes all about his product and not making money xtra money off of us. nice man :thumbsup: . and is there any diff as HP wize between the K&N and S&B filters ?? SOTP=... ??? thanks guys. :rockon:

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
Thanks Jay & RIO. ill be doing what Jay said.. thanks man.shows alot from him. that hes all about his product and not making money xtra money off of us. nice man :thumbsup: . and is there any diff as HP wize between the K&N and S&B filters ?? SOTP=... ??? thanks guys. :rockon:
seat of the pants

Mattz

Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
after the JLT would a Tune be next ?? or should i wait for headers,pulleys,etc.. ??
I wouldn't waste my money on a tune just for an air intake, if your going to be doing the mods you listed, I'd wait til those were installed before I went and got a tune.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
Mattz said:
I wouldn't waste my money on a tune just for an air intake, if your going to be doing the mods you listed, I'd wait til those were installed before I went and got a tune.

well mod wize. i have: O/R-Xpipe(magnaflow),2chamberd Flowmaster.Autolite plugs.

Mattz

Established Member
01BlueCOBRA said:
well mod wize. i have: O/R-Xpipe(magnaflow),2chamberd Flowmaster.Autolite plugs.
Yeah I'd still wait until you have everything on that you want on... I really can't see spending the cash to do a tune now, then waiting til you get the remainder mods on, then doing another tune... unless you just have money burning a hole in your pocket. :)

RioRed4v

Established Member
yea..definitely wait on the tune.

another thing i'd like to mention about JLT, if you ever any questions or problems, Jay is the man...period. His customer service and help is some of the best I've experienced by far. It's up there with Maximum Motorsports, which is the only other company that has treated me and a few of my friends right.

01BlueCOBRA

GOT BIT
Established Member
true..im happy with his patients and service with me. hey RIO. i was looking at this RAM CAI. forcing the air into the motor. somewhat like a turbo. any bad effects ?? like would you need a tune and bigger enjectors for more fuel ??

AzDropTop

Established Member
Another Happy JLT guy here. The RAI was a great purchase. Can't wait to get an exhaust and then new dyno numbers! :pepper:

99cbra

Banned
Tucker said:
If you don't know what your talking about don't comment.
How many customers with JLT's have to post there results before you'll stop making stupid comments??? BTW, when did Densecharger start making "full densecharger rear seat deletes" ?? Check your sig!

If you are stock, you will need the kit, plus the adaptor and filter.

One way to save $ is to cut your DC at the flange at the MAF. leave a 1/2". This will be your MAF adaptor. Then you can use the filter youy have from the DC and save $55. Then all you need is the $150 kit.

maybe densecharger and rear seat delete are 2 different things retard......jlt makes about the same power as densecharger 3-5 and thats it....JLT is pretty shoddy worksmanship if you ask me.....friend had it and it wasn't up to par with my densecharger.....heard a story about the filter coming off and ruining a friends motor. Get a denscharger or drop a k&n and trim the silencer and you will get the same power...you can say all you want...dyno this dyno that....depends upon conditions and type of dyno....25 hp is as rediculous as 99blackcobra or whatever his name is being an "SVT God" pretty bold statement

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

99cbra said:
maybe densecharger and rear seat delete are 2 different things retard......jlt makes about the same power as densecharger 3-5 and thats it....JLT is pretty shoddy worksmanship if you ask me.....friend had it and it wasn't up to par with my densecharger.....heard a story about the filter coming off and ruining a friends motor. Get a denscharger or drop a k&n and trim the silencer and you will get the same power...you can say all you want...dyno this dyno that....depends upon conditions and type of dyno....25 hp is as rediculous as 99blackcobra or whatever his name is being an "SVT God" pretty bold statement

:bs:

the mods in your sig. are they actually on your car??? :shrug:

didnt think so :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread