What do i need for a GTR

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
What would i need to take a new gtr from a roll, and whats my best advantage.
I have dyno tune day this tuesday comming up, the car is expected to make anywhere between 520-600 rwhp, i have a ported blower stage 6
2.49 pulley the engine is bored .20 over 9:1 or 9:2 compression ratio 98 cobra intake cams,BBK longtubes and a JLT intake im also catless i have all of the supporting mods and im thinking of doing a 100 shot on top of that,
i think with the 100 shot i should take him , but what if idont use spray
how will it go and im not a fan of using the bottle especially with that much boost and that compression ratio.
at least going to be fun at the even if i do loose.
so any experience you have with gtr's let me know what works what wont

Last edited:

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Get him to the drag strip agree first one to finish wins then leave on the first yellow lol Just kidding GTR is quick good luck!

itSSlow98

Established Member
Your gonna need the bottle if its an intake/tune gtr. I'd say 650rwhp to have a good run with one. If its stock I'd say 580-600 for a good run.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Here is an intake/tune GTR against me at 686/743. I was 290lbs and my passenger was about the same. Hes about 175 and his gf was 110ish. They are no joke especialyl with those transmissions. He went 10.8@131 the week prior.

[youtube_browser]PE8_02FlkCc[/youtube_browser]

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
Ill use the 150 shot, gtr's are fast my thing is I will have fun either way , well the sad thing about a gtr is it takes no skill to drive it, it's all electric assist and launch control and all that good stuff, I'm not sure it's stock or what

TorchMach

Established Member
Ill use the 150 shot, gtr's are fast my thing is I will have fun either way , well the sad thing about a gtr is it takes no skill to drive it, it's all electric assist and launch control and all that good stuff, I'm not sure it's stock or what

:lol::lol::lol: at it taking no skill to drive.

Good luck, film your death...I mean race.

truefiveo

Established Member
Here is an intake/tune GTR against me at 686/743. I was 290lbs and my passenger was about the same. Hes about 175 and his gf was 110ish. They are no joke especialyl with those transmissions. He went 10.8@131 the week prior.

[youtube_browser]PE8_02FlkCc[/youtube_browser]

You blew the doors off that GTR:rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ill use the 150 shot, gtr's are fast my thing is I will have fun either way , well the sad thing about a gtr is it takes no skill to drive it, it's all electric assist and launch control and all that good stuff, I'm not sure it's stock or what.

That's the big unknown, then. If you don't know if it's stock, you're just not going to know if you have enough to bring to the table until you race him. If you lose, it isn't the end of the world. You said you're fine either way. There will ALWAYS be someone faster and quicker. If you're fine either way (winning or losing), I would not invest money in mods for one race. Run what you have and then call it a day. Getting beat by a GT-R would not be an embarrassment. It happens every day. It's an awesome car!

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have been away from moding my terminator for a while. Last I heard the smallest pulley was a 2.76 and I had never heard of anyone using a '98 Cobra intake unless they were going turbo.

The GTRs are fast. If he has some mods it won't be easy. A big factor is traction. With the all wheel drive, when they stomp the throttle they get no tire spin. That is what makes it possible for them to hang with high end exotics with more power. The exotics would take them eventually on top end, but they need a mile to do it.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member

Making lame excuses before you even race makes you look like a tool.

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk 2

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Im surprised no one has actually asked what year, that makes a HUGE difference. If its an 09 stock, you will pull it. 2011 it should be a close run with you edging it, also stock. Anything above 2012, he should pull you stock.
To make things simpler, if it has LED strips in the front bumper, expect a loss.

Users who are viewing this thread