What did you do to your SN95 today???

SVTPete83

Established Member
Wheels are dropped off at a shop for restoration. Taking.the chrome down to nothing, sanding, fixing some curb rash and re chroming them to look brand new. Only shitty part is our f'd up state won't allow the chemicals to strop the chrome here in California. Damn hippies. So it's gonna take 3 to 4 weeks to get it done. I'm still stoked. I think these things are gonna look great on my mystic.

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
I got my wheels back from weld craft today. I am soooo stoked!!! Saleen chrome Lemans style wheels. I widened the rears to 10.5 inches. Now I need to find a chrome shop to redo all the chrome. The wheels came out great though. I am pumped!
3d55843a62c03143da178e45699d025d.jpg
04ef7643ecde302bf8c6e1f877c608b5.jpg

Those look great! I can't wait to send mine up to have them widened. What was the turn around time to have them widened?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
got the motor pulled, would have had it completely torn down but forgot my crank puller at the parents house.
FB_IMG_1415927894516_zpsrfdtcdvq.jpg

20141114_204926_zpsrtvgfh3u.jpg

friend being stupid
20141114_205005_zpsijb1f1zf.jpg

on the stand and tore down
20141114_234339_zpsdnqzry5f.jpg

very cool! so you were able to lift the front of the car high enough with that cherry picker and slide it out the bottom? I know someday I will want to remove my motor from the bottom but I don't have a lift yet.

96dreamer

Established Member
Yeah, this is the way i've pulled that last few mod motors i've helped pull. The rear tires are up on crib block a drifter buddy of mine made and the front of the car is lifted by the cherry picker from the bumper support. This time went smoother than most because of the car wheel dollies i bought. I lowered the engine trans down as a unit and put one dolly under the trans tail shaft and one under each a arm mounting point. Then just raised the car up enough to slide the whole drive train out the side of the car. Smoothest way i have found to do it, no worrying about long tubes on frame rails or scratching up the engine bay/ valve covers.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
plus it looks like you still have the a/c compressor hanging there without having to crack the a/c system, is that correct? are you able to get enough clearance to move the compressor to the front or whatever to drop the engine out the bottom? thx for the info :beer:

96dreamer

Established Member
plus it looks like you still have the a/c compressor hanging there without having to crack the a/c system, is that correct? are you able to get enough clearance to move the compressor to the front or whatever to drop the engine out the bottom? thx for the info :beer:
Yup that's correct, ac is tied up with some bailing wire to the frame, just held it out of the way when we slid the engine out. You can do the same thing with the rack and power steering but i didn't bother cause i wanted to clean up some of my ps lines anyway.

SVTPete83

Established Member
http://youtu.be/m-KN4OHSdUM

Took it to the local TnT today. First run 128 mph. Launched harder on run number two but tapped the limiter going into third on the power shift. Lost 1.5 mph but still ran a solid 11.28. 3rd run I f'd up my burnout and chewed up my belt. Pieces of it were left all over the burnout box. It sucked. Cause I drove 80 miles to get there. Popped the hood and it looked like I had 3 good ribs on my gates HD belt left. We drove her home. Good times.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn pete!! I think there is a lot more left in it too!! Your suspension looks super soft and bouncy lol.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Damn pete!! I think there is a lot more left in it too!! Your suspension looks super soft and bouncy lol.
It's funny that it transfers so good. No front sway bar, but still have eibach springs and adjustable shocks. Car corners good in cornering mode. But with the shocks adjusted like this and the sway bar gone it really transfers the weight. Best of both worlds

It definitely has more in it. That run was only a 1.8 sixty leaving at 4500. I was hooking hard enough to leave at 5500 which was the plan for run number 3. Tens or bust next time out!

Last edited:

Tickle

Established Member
Finally installed a new head unit that has usb and Bluetooth. Kenwood Bt858U. Love it. I finally get to use my iPod Classic in my car again after 2 years.

Also had 275/40/17 nitto nt555 tires installed on all 4 corners today. I couldn't be happier!! I think my 50-60mph vibration was the damn tires!

Det_riot

Established Member
So pretty! I'm surprised you didn't fill in all the holes while the motor was out.
Thanks! Ehhh plenty of reason why I didn't bother. A) no garage to work on, b) couldn't keep the car down that long while still residing under my parents roof c) no welder d) the engine bay configuration is going to be changed anyways when I put a turbo kit on it. Doing this now cut down on the amount of work I'll have to do then since I'll likely put in scott rod panels or equivalent in the front

Users who are viewing this thread