What did you do to your SN95 today???

whyxitx

Established Member
I might have broke the heater core unfortunately. Engine hit the outlet tube while going in and I hear a loud pop.. Another project for another day.

What's a good way to tighten the motor mount bolts with an MM k member?

redrocket16

Established Member
Getting the subframe connectors installed which is 2+ years in the making now. Also throwing a new fluidyne radiator into the car since the mishimoto is leaking.

Helomech74

Established Member
Started plumbing the remainder of the fuel system today. Ran into a snag with the Feed line (too short), so I have to make another order and finish it sometime later this week.

Helomech74

Established Member
Got any pics of that piece of art tank??

No pics of it actually installed yet, but here's a few of it before install:
DSC00385.JPG
DSC00388.JPG
DSC00390.JPG

Helomech74

Established Member
Finally finished installing my fuel system (It's been about 2 years in the process :) )
Feed20and20Return20to20tank_zpsiwicah7t.jpg
Y-block_zpspwpt0fnr.jpg

Feed%20and%20return%20under%20car_zpsxpke01vz.jpg
Fuel%20Tank_zpszsmlt4zg.jpg

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
That is the best looking tank I have seen on a sn95... Nice work!

They are nice, but it was a royal pain in the ass to get it set correctly in the car. I went through 3 different sets of straps before I was able to get it leveled in the car. BBRC sent me two sets of pre-bent straps and finally sent me a set of straight pieces that I bent myself. Chris at BBRC is a great guy to work with and sent me the straps free of charge each time. I think the issues I was having with centering and leveling the tank had to do with my specific car more then anything. I had to clearance a few areas with a hammer to level it, but it turned out well.

yellow98stang

Established Member
Aren't the factory tanks offset? Is that part of what was difficult getting it alligned? My car has a vortech with the stock bottom end, and I'm hesitant to take the next step (built, fuel system upgrades, etc.) because of all of the customization and potential problems. My car runs like stock now, lol...

Helomech74

Established Member
The factory tank is longer on one side then the other. I've been messing with these cars for 20 years and never noticed it before (of course this is the first time I've ever replaced the tank with an aftermarket tank.) The driver side of the tank is longer, this tank is equal in length on either side. so it always looks offset to the passenger side. Since I powder coated it and the straps black it's not as noticeable, but I can still tell. Plus this tank is 18.5 gallons, so it hangs a little lower as well, but not enough to really be an issue.

cobralvr01

Established Member
I hadn't physically done anything to my cobra, but I started the process of putting together an IRS swap. I just can't stand the live axle ride quality anymore.

cobralvr01

Established Member
Nice! What year are you going with?
Just got ahold of a guy who's selling his 2003 IRS with Level 5 Chromoly half shafts. Only downside is the pumpkin has some damage. Hopefully it's just damage to the gears because I'll just drop in my current 4.10's. Might be getting it for $1000 delivered. It has everything except springs, rotors and calilpars. Which is no big deal. I'm looking to go with stock terminator springs cut .75-1 coil which I can get for about $100-$150 used and the rotors/calipars are the same thing between my cobra and the terminator.:pepper::pepper:

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Just got ahold of a guy who's selling his 2003 IRS with Level 5 Chromoly half shafts. Only downside is the pumpkin has some damage. Hopefully it's just damage to the gears because I'll just drop in my current 4.10's. Might be getting it for $1000 delivered. It has everything except springs, rotors and calilpars. Which is no big deal. I'm looking to go with stock terminator springs cut .75-1 coil which I can get for about $100-$150 used and the rotors/calipars are the same thing between my cobra and the terminator.:pepper::pepper:

Very nice. Level 5 halfshafts are no joke and probably worth the 1000 bucks you paid for everything lol. I'm hoping mine will last a couple years before I need stronger halfshafts. I have heard of people pushing the power I will be with stock 03/04 halfshafts and them handling it.

picked up an 04 irs with roughly 50k miles for 500 bucks.. can't wait to get this on!

That's a heck of a deal these days. Does it have any upgrades or a stock unit?

Users who are viewing this thread