What did you do to your foxbody mustang today?

triple-s

Established Member
Well FML. Was attempting to adjust the passenger window with the new weatherstrip. What a nightmare. At this point, I don't even care how close the glass meets up with the weatherstrip. The windows are never completely up unless I wash the car. Which I've only done once since we bought it

In attempting in doing so, one of the glass stop bracket bolts snapped. It looks like they are pressed on. So I'll be going to the machine shop tomorrow and see if they can remove them and install new pressed bolts.
84562fcb6426b24adbccc9ab072de1de.jpg
d4477a716626068f9d866bac8c41587d.jpg
298bd3d27261b2429c0b9dd9b29d4c76.jpg
1fa36b208a80f64f1eee143f220c8128.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
That looks like a pain.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Now the passenger window switch needs replacing I'm guessing. It goes up and down using the drivers switch, but nothing with the passenger side switch.

Motorcraft SW-7602

They still make them new, but they aren't the same vendor as original. The button looks a little flatter

This one might be original vendor as this button looks correct.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
They still make them new, but they aren't the same vendor as original. The button looks a little flatter

That is correct. I just purchased a new one. The new ones are missing the texture/grain. The new ones look smooth. If you're going for perfection look for an original or you could replace all the switches with new so they all look the same.

However, I think the new ones are okay and unless someone is looking closely or directly at them no one will be the wiser LOL.

Top switch is new (smooth) and bottom switch is original (texture/grain).
20240225_092028_resized.jpg

brucesvt

Established Member

triple-s

Established Member
Forgot to post the updated picture everything is done. We also put a boost gauge and wired up a wide band. Also installed a mirco sqrt should be getting turned next week so I'll post dyno numbers when that gets done.

Attachments

• IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 24

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Mustang5L5

Established Member
Wow, your black paint POPS now. Good looking GT! Yeah, ceramic coat surely is the bomb. My last three vehicles were ceramic coated, and the paint was/is always over the top with shine. I love it!

Thanks!

Now this means I have to do the Foxbody. Looks like i'll be ordering another bottle of ArmorShield soon.

Mustang5L5

Established Member
It's come a long way thought Mike. Well done!

Thanks. My wife gave me such crap for buying the car. Interior was trashed. Paint was oxidized, top was moldy and it had electrical issues.

Now she's asking if we can take it to dinner the first nice night.

I did the Eibach pro-kit and bilstiens and all new control arms. Its probably one of the more comfortable riding Mustangs i've been in...which is what i was going for given it's use.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
My wife gave me such crap for buying the car. Now she's asking if we can take it to dinner the first nice night.

LOL, it's so funny how the wife's can't see the vision when looking at something they think is a pile of crap. Even to this day, after building my 65, my wife still can't see it. I'll look at something and say that is a cool car and she's like it's a piece of junk LMAO!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread