What did you do to your Cobra today?

96GT226410

Established Member
Well I just wanted a legit car I could drive and mod as I went.
With it having so many issues it hasn't been worth it imo. My dad paid 3800 for the car and he got ripped off. The seller screwed him with a inaccurate description. I guy stuck with a pile. As far as everything else the car is in pretty good shape exterior and interior wise.
Maybe I would be better off just scrapping the car or selling everything off of it to recoup some money back? I had a 04 mystichrome whippled cobra before this pile. Car was immaculate. I sold it for 22k right before I got divorced.
Regret everyday selling it but I really didn't have much choice.

Sent from my LG-H910 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

You should be able to recoup that money.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Cleaned up the wires for my amber tail install, took care of the LED interior upgrade and handled the black COBRA vinyl inserts on the rear bumper.

Enjoyed a beer afterwards just staring at that ass.

collinselectric5

Established Member
Cleaned up the wires for my amber tail install, took care of the LED interior upgrade and handled the black COBRA vinyl inserts on the rear bumper.

Enjoyed a beer afterwards just staring at that ass.
And u didn't share the view!?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

collinselectric5

Established Member
Didn't even think of it unfortunately. Haven't started her up since November and I'm tempted to make a cold start vid. My neighbors already hate me lol.
Yeah, I try to show a little respect by not starting the cobra late at night or early morning. But if it's daytime... **** my neighbors lol

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I try to show a little respect by not starting the cobra late at night or early morning. But if it's daytime... **** my neighbors lol

Ya, when I decide to take the Cobra to work starting her up at 6:30 makes for some annoyed neighbors. Doesn't help that the closet ones have 1 year old twins.

cheaneyt

Established Member
That number 2 cylinder keeps posing up a misfire code. I've read online that the imrc can possibly cause a misfire.
I've replaced the plugs, wires, coils and it still keeps coming back after about 10 to 20 miles of driving.
I'm having misfire issues with mine with all new ignition . So I feel your pain

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
fa4636bf0ef341dbe7aaf3e780ac575e.jpg

cbr repsol

Established Member
My dad is gonna pick the car up this weekend.
I didn't want this year to begin with since I already had a terminator in the past.
He is gonna keep it for himself..and said he will help me get a 03 or 04 next year.

cheaneyt

Established Member
Installed new balljoints to complement the new suspension. Rear end is next then an ,Alignment to come then fix welds where she's leaking

Last edited:

collinselectric5

Established Member
Installed new balljoints to complement the new suspension. Rear end is next fornlowerung then an ,Alignment to come then fix welds where she's leaking

What ball joints did u use?

collinselectric5

Established Member
Just replacement ones from autozone that have grease fitting . I'm tapped on funds. But she handles great now. Only took hour an a half to install em

I never looked in on the install yet, do u have to press them or do they just bolt on with brackets

cheaneyt

Established Member
I never looked in on the install yet, do u have to press them or do they just bolt on with brackets

Press in. I rented press from autozone for 115 bucks . Getting ready to go get my cash back lol

EarvGotti

Established Member
I removed my valve covers, timing cover, motor mounts, water pump, oil adapter, and exhaust manifolds today. I'll remove my oil pan right before I'm going to send the engine away for the rebuild.

20170402_165937_zps1fq5gdh1.jpg

20170402_165950_zps21ksbfip.jpg

I'm debating getting rid of the air pump and/or the EGR. I'm most likely going to keep it, unless someone gives me a good reason to get rid of it...

20170402_170000_zpsoislp7bx.jpg

If someone gives you a good reason to remove it, i might do it as well lol.

Users who are viewing this thread