What did you do for your Terminator today?

Saleen498

Established Member
Radiator cover from Harpell Auto Fab came in today. He does great work. I will definitely be ordering another one for the cobra.
20231002_123032.jpg
20231002_123038.jpg
20231002_123036.jpg

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
Currently the only real mods done to my Cobra would be a full exhaust. I already have a SCT handheld and just ordered a 2.7" upper pulley and a 100mm idler pulley. I plan on getting a 2600MAF, JLT intake, along with 60# injectors and a BAP. I think that should be everything I need other than a new belt and spark plugs and I'll run that set up for a while then upgrade to a 2.3L Whipple down the road. I'm excited for more boost, the stock power output just doesn't feel fast anymore. Any suggestions on mods I should get or need for this set up?
20230928_032426.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S536DL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

LS WUT

Established Member
Currently the only real mods done to my Cobra would be a full exhaust. I already have a SCT handheld and just ordered a 2.7" upper pulley and a 100mm idler pulley. I plan on getting a 2600MAF, JLT intake, along with 60# injectors and a BAP. I think that should be everything I need other than a new belt and spark plugs and I'll run that set up for a while then upgrade to a 2.3L Whipple down the road. I'm excited for more boost, the stock power output just doesn't feel fast anymore. Any suggestions on mods I should get or need for this set up?View attachment 1811773

That’s awesome man! Thats a similar build to what I’ve got going on. That will get you nearly 480 or so to the wheels if not a little more if you’re on a nice dyno.

This will be my combo coming up shortly, been gathering parts lately in secret to show you boys when I gather them all together!

JLT CAI
2.8 Notch Pulley
Ported Blower
Port Matched Accufab Plenum
LFP Single Blade Throttlebody
SCT MAF
60# SD Injectors
AEM 320 LPH
4# Lower
E85
Mac Longtubes
Bassani Off Road X pipe
Borla Stingers
Metco Idler Pulleys
McLeod RXT Clutch
Aluminum Flywheel

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
That’s awesome man! Thats a similar build to what I’ve got going on. That will get you nearly 480 or so to the wheels if not a little more if you’re on a nice dyno.

This will be my combo coming up shortly, been gathering parts lately in secret to show you boys when I gather them all together!

JLT CAI
2.8 Notch Pulley
Ported Blower
SCT MAF
60# SD Injectors
AEM 320 LPH
4# Lower
E85
Mac Longtubes
Bassani Off Road X pipe
Borla Stingers
Metco Idler Pulleys
McLeod RXT Clutch
Aluminum Flywheel
Longtubes + bassani orx + stingers = sexual, well done

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tried out this Wizard polish. Spreads nicely, wipes off easy. So far so good. Hoping the rain holds out for Wednesday show. View attachment 1811774View attachment 1811775
First, your Sonic Blue Cobra is awesome. The paint really POPS after using that polish/sealant. Curious, though, how they can make the claim that it "removes swirls" since it's easy-on, easy-off, meaning no use of a buffer or compound that you'd normally use for swirl removal.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Curious, though, how they can make the claim that it "removes swirls" since it's easy-on, easy-off, meaning no use of a buffer or compound that you'd normally use for swirl removal.
You read my mind. My best guess is that by "removes" they really mean "fills in temporarily" like a sealant/glaze/wax. I've always thought that a strict polish still provides very light correction while also helping fill in the imperfections prior to a sealant, wax, and/or top coat (ceramic or otherwise).

SsnakeSVT03

Established Member

JLT CAI
2.8 Notch Pulley
Ported Blower
SCT MAF
60# SD Injectors
AEM 320 LPH
4# Lower
E85
Mac Longtubes
Bassani Off Road X pipe
Borla Stingers
Metco Idler Pulleys
McLeod RXT Clutch
Aluminum Flywheel
Whipple it

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
First, your Sonic Blue Cobra is awesome. The paint really POPS after using that polish/sealant. Curious, though, how they can make the claim that it "removes swirls" since it's easy-on, easy-off, meaning no use of a buffer or compound that you'd normally use for swirl removal.
I’m also curious about that Bob. The cobra didn’t have much for swirls, but I’m going to try it on on my black F250 (always has swirls unfortunately). I’ll be sure to update you. I too have my doubts.

Appreciate the compliment on the cobra as always.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Currently the only real mods done to my Cobra would be a full exhaust. I already have a SCT handheld and just ordered a 2.7" upper pulley and a 100mm idler pulley. I plan on getting a 2600MAF, JLT intake, along with 60# injectors and a BAP. I think that should be everything I need other than a new belt and spark plugs and I'll run that set up for a while then upgrade to a 2.3L Whipple down the road. I'm excited for more boost, the stock power output just doesn't feel fast anymore. Any suggestions on mods I should get or need for this set up?View attachment 1811773

do you have someone local to dyno tune it for you?

you may not need the maf, injectors, and bap yet - but each car is different, which is why you need a good tuner.

i would suggest replacing all of the pullies instead of adding just one 100mm snub idler. if you install a 4-piece set you might even be able to reuse your stock belt.

best of luck with it - you will love the new found power for your comp orange convertible.

prs97

Established Member
If you are running a stock K member, there is a sleeve inside the k member for the rack bolts and bushings. That causes a low speed creaking during turning.

Google the fix or search on here. ** edit** Link added. If I remember correctly, people grind it a tad shorter so the bolts tighten the rack better but I don’t remember exactly. I’m talking 10+ years ago.

Good info. Thanks.

Front suspension stuff is on my to do list for the spring.

I've got a creak up when doing a real slow speed turn with the wheel almost fully turned. When inspecting, I noticed the boot around the ball joints are torn so they're on the list.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
do you have someone local to dyno tune it for you?

you may not need the maf, injectors, and bap yet - but each car is different, which is why you need a good tuner.

i would suggest replacing all of the pullies instead of adding just one 100mm snub idler. if you install a 4-piece set you might even be able to reuse your stock belt.

best of luck with it - you will love the new found power for your comp orange convertible.
I don't trust anyone local to me to tune the car. I'm thinking about reaching out to Kevin Dunn but I have yet to do so. I just figured with a 2.7" pulley I should be running 15PSI maybe 14PSI cause of my long tubes and I'd need a little fuel work and the MAF. But I'm all for saving money!

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I don't trust anyone local to me to tune the car. I'm thinking about reaching out to Kevin Dunn but I have yet to do so. I just figured with a 2.7" pulley I should be running 15PSI maybe 14PSI cause of my long tubes and I'd need a little fuel work and the MAF. But I'm all for saving money!

My stock MAF was maxed on a 2.76 pulley. Every car is different. I would go bigger now.

TerminatorCobraJP

Established Member
My stock MAF was maxed on a 2.76 pulley. Every car is different. I would go bigger now.
I also heard a lot of people max out the stock fuel system with a 2.76" pulley, and I already have intentions of Whippling it one day so I was just gonna get it all out of the way now.

Users who are viewing this thread