What did you do for your Terminator today?

Murderedsvt

Established Member
i put a smaller pulley that was sent with it and it doesn’t look like there’s a wobble idk of the bigger pulley just shows the wooble or it’s actually the Metco pulley that is off

01yellercobra

Established Member
A level surface should show if the mounting pad is off on the Metco.

FWIW, the 3" pulley he recommended caused my alternator to severely under charge at idle. Like under 12vdc sitting at a light under charge. I get why he recommended the 3", but I still swapped to a stock size. The alternator will just have to deal with the quick bursts at WOT.

stangfreak

Established Member
Finally got all my parts.
3.0 whipple supercharger kit
vmp intercooler upgrade
Ford performance upgraded intercooler pump
Everything else I already have on my car. 24-25lbs MS109. pics to follow. Not sure when I will have time to do the swap. should be soon. 20 years of owning this car, and it still feels like 2003 when I mod it. Insane.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Got together to say good bye to one of our friends. He's going home next month when he gets out of the Marines.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230520_205901_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230520_205901_Instagram.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20230520_205919_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230520_205919_Instagram.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 71

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Unplug the Hobbs switch and stick a mini fuse into the plug to jumper the second pump.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I ended going underneath and just switching the pumps via their connectors. It runs now.
Should have done that in the parking lot before the tow :/

Last edited:

2012GTCS

Established Member
Got my alternator back from kmj, installed brand new 3.0 pulley and it has a little wobble to it unfortunately. SMH
I have the same combo and ever since I installed it, I have this ATROCIOUS chirp. Im about to just chance it and go to a stock pulley an see if that fixes it. For some reason the Metcos dont like the KMJs, even tho its apparently the stock housing

2012GTCS

Established Member
Been prepping the car for the Cobra Engineering crossover delete. Debating on doing a full flush and switching over to the new Motorcraft Yellow coolant versus the original Gold. Just cant stand the crap the gold leaves behind but im probably splitting hairs and causing myself extra work for no reason.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the same combo and ever since I installed it, I have this ATROCIOUS chirp. Im about to just chance it and go to a stock pulley an see if that fixes it. For some reason the Metcos dont like the KMJs, even tho its apparently the stock housing
It might a stock housing, but it's not a stock Cobra housing. If it was there wouldn't be a need to grind the brackets for clearance.

I didn't have a problem with the Metco wobbling on mine. But I am glad I went with the smaller pulley. Didn't see less than 14.2vdc even when stuck in traffic. Granted I wasn't running the A/C so it wasn't a full test. But it was a lot better than before.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Is that because they're still flushing the winter stuff out?
That’s what I was thinking but my buddy who tests it often says it’s usually low 80’s all the time here. I usually don’t test it, but prepping for the dyno so I wanted to use the higher E85 I have. I know the southern corn is always better.

01yellercobra

Established Member
We still have E70 right now. I doubt I even get E85 here. It’s the only station within 30-40 miles of my house.
My understanding is anything above E60 gives full knock protection. I have my tune set up to give full timing above E75 just to be safe.
That’s what I was thinking but my buddy who tests it often says it’s usually low 80’s all the time here. I usually don’t test it, but prepping for the dyno so I wanted to use the higher E85 I have. I know the southern corn is always better.
Will the difference cause any issues down the road? Or are they close enough that you won't see it in the A/F?

Users who are viewing this thread