What did you do for your Terminator today?

LS WUT

Established Member
78AB97F2-8E73-4CDC-BAEE-3FE63FC75995.jpeg

Well **** my life. Lmfaooo.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Finished up my alternator install and threw in some TR7 plugs. Tried these years ago and the car ran like crap. Hopefully this time she agrees with them.

03' White Snake

Established Member
My tuner told me to run the TR-7s too. I should see how mine are before I put the E in it.
I’ve always run the TR6’s. With my built motor and high CR, I only run E85. I hope she will get along with the TR7’s now. I gapped them a little tighter at 0.024” from 0.028” I was running before. Doing everything I can to try and make full 26 psi pulls next time.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I’ve always run the TR6’s. With my built motor and high CR, I only run E85. I hope she will get along with the TR7’s now. I gapped them a little tighter at 0.024” from 0.028” I was running before. Doing everything I can to try and make full 26 psi pulls next time.
I’m gapped at .028 but only 20lbs. We will see how they do this spring on the dyno

JCDriller

Established Member
I pulled my hood to paint the underside and installed the Dragon TB/Plenum I just picked up in the marketplace.
1675049825606.jpeg

1675049836139.jpeg

Got it installed and the TPS set, she still idles at 11-1200rpm. I've ordered a Ballenger AFR500v2 Wideband and new X4 so I can have Kevin Dunn/ @04sleeper tune it. He's been great on past Terminators. Hoping he can work his magic on this one too and get the tune back to 850-900rpm.

1675049857678.jpeg

1675049869923.jpeg

I'm honestly a bit worried, there is a LOT of air flowing around this throttle blade. I pulled the blade to clean it up, it doesn't appear modified. The last owner blocked off the IAC, guess they didn't need it.

1675050040827.jpeg

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I pulled my hood to paint the underside and installed the Dragon TB/Plenum I just picked up in the marketplace.
View attachment 1778709
View attachment 1778710
Got it installed and the TPS set, she still ideas at 11-1200. I've ordered a Wideband and new X4 so I can have Kevin Dunn/ @04sleeper tune it. He's been great on past Terminators. Hoping he can work his magic on this one too and get the tune back to 850-900.

View attachment 1778711
View attachment 1778712

I'm honestly a bit worried, there is a LOT of air flowing around this throttle blade. I pulled the blade to clean it up, it doesn't appear modified. The last owner blocked off the IAC, guess they didn't need it.

View attachment 1778713
Very clean engine bay, you deserve an atta boy for keeping it that sanitary

JCDriller

Established Member
@JCDriller I needed strong return springs on the dragon TB to get it to shut completely. Might be something to think about.
The TB came to me with the IAC blocked off and the adjustment screw missing. I really have zero idea how to properly set the TB screw. I did my best, but it may be the cause of my high idle. Nothing sticks, but then again, nothing is in contact.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The TB came to me with the IAC blocked off and the adjustment screw missing. I really have zero idea how to properly set the TB screw. I did my best, but it may be the cause of my high idle. Nothing sticks, but then again, nothing is in contact.
That's a lot of gap around the blade. What does it idle at with the IAC unplugged? If it's still at 1100rpm you're going to have to figure something out about sealing the blade better. No amount of tuning will fix an air leak.

JCDriller

Established Member
That's a lot of gap around the blade. What does it idle at with the IAC unplugged? If it's still at 1100rpm you're going to have to figure something out about sealing the blade better. No amount of tuning will fix an air leak.
That was my thought too, it doesn't care if the IAC is unplugged, I believe this is why the last owner just blocked it off. I think I may get a new piece of metal and make a new plate, it'll be tedious but not hard.

01yellercobra

Established Member
That was my thought too, it doesn't care if the IAC is unplugged, I believe this is why the last owner just blocked it off. I think I may get a new piece of metal and make a new plate, it'll be tedious but not hard.
Yeah, you'll need to fix that gap first then. That's crazy if it left the manufacturer like that.

Users who are viewing this thread