What did you do for your Terminator today?

cobracide

Established Member
I pulled my hood to paint the underside and installed the Dragon TB/Plenum I just picked up in the marketplace.
View attachment 1778709
View attachment 1778710
Got it installed and the TPS set, she still idles at 11-1200rpm. I've ordered a Ballenger AFR500v2 Wideband and new X4 so I can have Kevin Dunn/ @04sleeper tune it. He's been great on past Terminators. Hoping he can work his magic on this one too and get the tune back to 850-900rpm.

View attachment 1778711
View attachment 1778712

I'm honestly a bit worried, there is a LOT of air flowing around this throttle blade. I pulled the blade to clean it up, it doesn't appear modified. The last owner blocked off the IAC, guess they didn't need it.

View attachment 1778713

It's been a while since I tuned my idle for the dragon, as I recall a very slight tip in with the throttle screw was necessary. Maybe a dime's width space or less. It at least has to touch. Also remember that it can take a bit for your ICU to learn. Give it a few miles as set.

If the blade doesn't rest on the stop screw, the blade will never stop in the same spot and your idle will be all over the place.

An IAC of .98v is the typical set point but I may have pushed mine a bit lower to .96v or so. I'll try and take a look with my Aeroforce gauge on that later. I'm idling at 800-850rpm.

You can find the IAC adjustment guide I used attached below (shamelessly ripped from SVTP).

Attachments

• Idle.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
What are the rules, does it have to be in my cobra? Or is the goal for me to just cannon ball it and make it in 90 minutes?
It could be done in any car, cobra would just be cooler

Your front door to that cross state cobra meet parking spot, 90min. It can be done. I did a suburb of Tampa to Cocoa Beach in 90min a long time ago

JCDriller

Established Member
It's been a while since I tuned my idle for the dragon, as I recall a very slight tip in with the throttle screw was necessary. Maybe a dime's width space or less. It at least has to touch. Also remember that it can take a bit for your ICU to learn. Give it a few miles as set.

If the blade doesn't rest on the stop screw, the blade will never stop in the same spot and your idle will be all over the place.

An IAC of .98v is the typical set point but I may have pushed mine a bit lower to .96v or so. I'll try and take a look with my Aeroforce gauge on that later. I'm idling at 800-850rpm.

You can find the IAC adjustment guide I used attached below (shamelessly ripped from SVTP).

Those directions are from 04sleeper who’s tuning the car, I found and used those as well. Until my x4 arrives I had to stop after setting tps voltage.

I did get 2 .093 brass plates ordered. I don’t *think* whipping up a new throttle plate will be that difficult. Famous last words….

At this time since this throttle plate isn’t contacting the TB housing at all, it rests on the hard stop/no screw needed. But it’s so vertical it exposing the inner most IAC hole making the “bleed through” air problem even worse. It does help for me to adjust the set screw just past the inner IAC hole, at least that cuts back on air slipping by the plate.

At the end of the day, It’s all fixable.

cobracide

Established Member
Those directions are from 04sleeper who’s tuning the car, I found and used those as well. Until my x4 arrives I had to stop after setting tps voltage.

I did get 2 .093 brass plates ordered. I don’t *think* whipping up a new throttle plate will be that difficult. Famous last words….

At this time since this throttle plate isn’t contacting the TB housing at all, it rests on the hard stop/no screw needed. But it’s so vertical it exposing the inner most IAC hole making the “bleed through” air problem even worse. It does help for me to adjust the set screw just past the inner IAC hole, at least that cuts back on air slipping by the plate.

At the end of the day, It’s all fixable.
Just checked "Throttle volts" aka TPS voltage. It's at 0.91 key on engine off. Been that way for tens of thousands of miles. So that was my "hack" to get a reasonable idle.

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
It could be done in any car, cobra would just be cooler

Your front door to that cross state cobra meet parking spot, 90min. It can be done. I did a suburb of Tampa to Cocoa Beach in 90min a long time ago
Im gonna wing that for sure. I just have to know when the next one is. Challenge accepted.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
After almost 10 years, finally had MM flscs welded in, forgot what a difference they make even in coupes! Had to do something to save my poor pinch welds haha.

n-to1e_rTH-ELWZltR_0bg.jpg

LS WUT

Established Member
I just got quoted $1,050 for an alignment and install for my springs on my cobra. It’s been about 5 years since I did them. I don’t remember them being terrible, however is it really 10 hours labor lol?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I just got quoted $1,050 for an alignment and install for my springs on my cobra. It’s been about 5 years since I did them. I don’t remember them being terrible, however is it really 10 hours labor lol?
Sounds to me like they don’t want to do it but if you’re willing to pay about twice what it should cost, they will be happy too. Change the springs yourself and then take it for an alignment

LS WUT

Established Member
Sounds to me like they don’t want to do it but if you’re willing to pay about twice what it should cost, they will be happy too. Change the springs yourself and then take it for an alignment
Oh no doubt, I’m just burnt on working on it at the moment. I took a break figured I’d need an alignment with the new rims and tires anyways. So I’d ask the price for them to do my springs.

hatchke

Established Member
Oh no doubt, I’m just burnt on working on it at the moment. I took a break figured I’d need an alignment with the new rims and tires anyways. So I’d ask the price for them to do my springs.

Sometimes it's worth it then. I was close to just paying for my k-member and header gasket to get done for that reason. I'm glad I did it, but I was getting pretty close to burnt on the car for a while.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
After almost 10 years, finally had MM flscs welded in, forgot what a difference they make even in coupes! Had to do something to save my poor pinch welds haha.

View attachment 1778882
These are sitting in my garage. They will go on at some point this summer. I have a vert.
They made a massive difference on my 01 GT Vert. I can’t wait.

Looks good!

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
**** that shop. Do it yourself. Man up and get it done! In all seriousness, no way you should pay that. Take some time off working on it, and when you are motivated install them yourself.

LS WUT

Established Member
**** that shop. Do it yourself. Man up and get it done! In all seriousness, no way you should pay that. Take some time off working on it, and when you are motivated install them yourself.
I need to take some time for sure. That snapped manifold bolt, and the exhaust not fitting correctly really has pissed me off more than anyone will know lol. The X pipe just doesn’t make sense. It’s a long story. However I’m off to Tampa general, bestfriends mom had a heart attack.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I need to take some time for sure. That snapped manifold bolt, and the exhaust not fitting correctly really has pissed me off more than anyone will know lol. The X pipe just doesn’t make sense. It’s a long story. However I’m off to Tampa general, bestfriends mom had a heart attack.
We've all been there. My last round of parts sat around for about 3 months because I just didn't want to deal with tearing into the car.

Users who are viewing this thread