What did you do for your Terminator today?

MG0h3

Established Member
Don’t leave us hanging, I wanna see those wheels later :)

IMG_4541.JPG

Haven’t touched them in a year.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Where’s the go to for the Cobra lettering in the rear bumper?

Saw it in here way back but forgot.

Somehow I have a little off of the B missing

What’s removal and install advice? I have a heat gun.

I think you can use glass cleaner and a credit card to get it just right or ????

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I think you can use glass cleaner and a credit card to get it just right or ????

Removal of Old Letters
1. Vinyl graphics are held on by an adhesive that reacts to heat. By simply heating the graphics, they will peel off.
2. Take a hair dryer and place it next to the letter that you want to remove. Apply the heat for around 10 seconds and then remove the hair dryer.
3. Use either a plastic scraper (be careful not to damage the car's paint) or your fingernail and pry the corner of the graphic away from the paint so that it begins to peel. Apply heat from the hair dryer again, if necessary.
4. You may need to use the hair dryer a couple of times, but eventually all of the letters will come off pretty easily.

Installation of New Letters
1. Prep the bumper. Clean bumper to ensure good adhesion of the decal.
2. Fill a spray bottle with a mixture of water and dishwash soap/baby shampoo (about 4 large drops per 32 oz. spray bottle of water).
3. Do not install the decals in direct sunlight.
4. Spray bumper with a generous amount of the soap and water mixture.
5. Peel letters from adhesive sheet and place them in the inserts on the bumper. Spraying the letters with solution as you peel can help from getting the decal stuck to itself. Just be careful not to let the decals fold and stick to themselves as you go.
6. Once you have the letter properly aligned, push any air bubbles out towards the edges with your fingertip.

01yellercobra

Established Member

Are you looking for vinyl or metal? I have metal and I think I picked them up from UPR.

motoo344

Established Member
I have the stainless letters as well, installation is super easy. I had just coated my car so it was prepped but if you do it after a wash just hit it with some isopropyl alcohol, dampen a microfiber with it and just blot the letter indents. This will remove any oils or residue before you apply them.

LS WUT

Established Member
So there are some cool things I haven’t mentioned yet, however not to mention the newly acquired damage from the body shop and they’re trying not to own up to it. My door handle section is broken on my driver door now, it’s cracked, and my door unlocks, but doesn’t lock. They took my chrome bumper inserts off to sand it down, and “threw them away” because they couldn’t be put back on. So when I get home today I’ll be I installing some bumper inserts, and new door handle pieces.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
So there are some cool things I haven’t mentioned yet, however not to mention the newly acquired damage from the body shop and they’re trying not to own up to it. My door handle section is broken on my driver door now, it’s cracked, and my door unlocks, but doesn’t lock. They took my chrome bumper inserts off to sand it down, and “threw them away” because they couldn’t be put back on. So when I get home today I’ll be I installing some bumper inserts, and new door handle pieces.
Shops wonder why people hate them, why people are always defensive and apprehensive, why they get a bad rap…it’s because of shops like this. I feel bad for you dude. I would be pissed.

MG0h3

Established Member
Man thank you for all the tips!

Bob thanks for the detailed removal and install tips.

These are def vinyl stickers.

I’ll check with UPR.

LS WUT

Established Member
Shops wonder why people hate them, why people are always defensive and apprehensive, why they get a bad rap…it’s because of shops like this. I feel bad for you dude. I would be pissed.
It’s becoming more and more evident I have to invest more time into learning body work. However I went with a shop that I was recommended by my insurance company.. they’re saying it’s out of their hands due to it not being related to the claim. The anger I have is unnerving I can assure you. I’ll show you a photo of the “damage” that was there prior. Which is bogus.. I have all of my photos, and videos prior to dropping the car off per progressives request. This car has been an adventure to say the least. My trunk is full of dust from them sanding with the trunk open..

LS WUT

Established Member
Not sure to be honest. They look very thin like a sticker. I’d like to stay with the same.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Stickers for sure. I have the chrome stainless steel ones on my black coupe, and on my white coupe. They’re easy to install, and I don’t have to worry about the little air bubbles lol.

LS WUT

Established Member
It’s becoming more and more evident I have to invest more time into learning body work. However I went with a shop that I was recommended by my insurance company.. they’re saying it’s out of their hands due to it not being related to the claim. The anger I have is unnerving I can assure you. I’ll show you a photo of the “damage” that was there prior. Which is bogus.. I have all of my photos, and videos prior to dropping the car off per progressives request. This car has been an adventure to say the least. My trunk is full of dust from them sanding with the trunk open..

Attachments

• 3C9F6722-4C37-4B65-A0E8-9163BBF25FD5.jpeg
    3C9F6722-4C37-4B65-A0E8-9163BBF25FD5.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 6BFB6F54-AEFA-4170-8F85-9F58CFEF4CC8.jpeg
    6BFB6F54-AEFA-4170-8F85-9F58CFEF4CC8.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 89

LS WUT

Established Member
Little updates. Cerakoted the bottom balance, and added new stainless steel bumper inserts. Also bought brand new door cups for the door panels since the body shop broke the driver side.. I’m not happy. They’re black, rest of the door panel is grey. So I’ll either take them off and spray them grey, or might leave it alone. Haven’t decided yet. Either way. Just a little update on project get****ed.
P.S. I know my exhaust is hanging lower than it should be. That’s being replaced soon.
F2B9738E-2990-4DB7-BF4D-3EE7F42330D2.jpeg

Attachments

• 08C08232-45A4-4B6E-A1B3-907B3BD71F48.jpeg
    08C08232-45A4-4B6E-A1B3-907B3BD71F48.jpeg
    432.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 7E9ADB38-E10A-4FD4-B078-99806B0F790E.jpeg
    7E9ADB38-E10A-4FD4-B078-99806B0F790E.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 86
  • E39E218E-B3E9-471C-92DE-C241F07D803D.jpeg
    E39E218E-B3E9-471C-92DE-C241F07D803D.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 467105FF-A8EE-4152-9943-1EF1A182E521.jpeg