What did you do for your Terminator today?

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Picked up a front set of Alumastarts. So new makes the calipers look dirtiy.. W
DSC05294.JPG
hich there are.

jedeyeben

Established Member
Took mine out for a pre winter shutdown drive, first time in like a month that it’s been driven... alternator goes out on the way home. I think it’s telling me something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
XXR 560's in chromium black. One of their newer wheels. I actually got them last Black Friday. I was looking for something concave that wouldn't break the bank.

Kinda took a shot in the dark with these wheels since they're newish and no one has them on a Mustang that I've seen. I think they look good and I've gotten some compliments.

They really look great. I saw the pic and was thinking how good they looked. Then I scroll down and I see that I'm not alone in liking them.

MG0h3

Established Member
^^^sweet. Never driven a stock T56 cobra but the magnum supposedly shifts way better. I'm very pleased with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

olympic

Established Member
My T56 was a huge POS right from the day I got it. When upshifting, the shifter would stop dead in neutral for a few tenths of a second before slipping into the next gear. No grinding or other drama, just complete lockout for a moment. The higher the RPM the worse it got. It also would never downshift from 6th to 5th. I tried various fluids with no improvement. My Centerforce clutch was also junk(very heavy pedal) so maybe it played a role too.

The previous owner claimed it was a RSG Tranzilla but I've disassembled it and the only upgrades I see are a steel 3-4 shift fork and billet shift keys in the 5-6 synchro, 1-4 are stock...lol! :confused: 1st gear engagement teeth are destroyed and the other gears look to be salvageable. The blocking rings and cones are in good shape. I'll probably rebuild it for the learning experience and sell it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
View attachment 1444435

One last shot before winter slumber.

hudsonfalcon, was going to pm you this, but it seems like there are so many fans of these wheels here that it's probably be best just to inquire ...

can you give us the specs on this wheel setup? xxr560's

- are they 18's? what are the widths front and back? and what tire sizes are you are running?

- are you still on irs? what is the wheel bs/offset?

- do you have lowering springs? any interference/rubbing at all front or back?

sorry so many questions, but thanks for any info! cheers

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
hudsonfalcon, was going to pm you this, but it seems like there are so many fans of these wheels here that it's probably be best just to inquire ...

can you give us the specs on this wheel setup? xxr560's

- are they 18's? what are the widths front and back? and what tire sizes are you are running?

- are you still on irs? what is the wheel bs/offset?

- do you have lowering springs? any interference/rubbing at all front or back?

sorry so many questions, but thanks for any info! cheers

No problem my friend, happy to answer your questions. Specs are as follows:

Wheels:
XXR 560's in Chromium Black (I.E. hyper black)
Fronts:
18x8.5 +20 wrapped in Nitto 555's 245/45/ZR18
Rears:
18x10 +20 wrapped in Continental Extreme Contact Sports 295/35/ZR18

I'm still on stock IRS.
I'm lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit Springs with all ISO's in.
I get the slightest bit of rubbing in the front on full lock but it's really a non-issue. I'm confident I would not have any rubbing at all if I had a shorter sidewall.
No rubbing issues whatsoever in the back.
I have hubcentric rings all around to keep things nice and tight.

I think they're a great bang for your buck wheel. I rocked them on my Evo X for over four years as well and never had any issues.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Honestly, one of the hottest looking wheels I've seen on a Cobra. There's always been a handful of wheels we all seem to like and then there's some new sets that folks might try and they just don't work.
These work!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

zredfire04

Established Member
i ordered my new clutch. decided to get the mcleod street extreme. it's more clutch than i need right now, but i'd rather not smoke the super street pro.

couldn't justify paying 50% more for the rst.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Replaced the trunk lift struts. It's nice not to have to worry about the trunk lid smacking me on the head.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread