What did you do for your Terminator today?

MG0h3

Established Member
No worries
Looks to be a simple 1/8" NPT (pipe thread) street elbow. Street elbow : Male on one side, female on the other. You should easily find one online or a decent hardware store. This time go with stainless instead of brass.

They’ll have that at Home Depot or Lowe’s, Ace, most auto parts stores.

You’ll need teflon pipe paste or teflon tape to seal it.

If using tape, wrap on the threads so that the tail is in the direction you are spinning the fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hatchke

Established Member
3.25" upper, stock lower. Standard inlet. I see 19-21psi depending on how cold it is.

Ahh ok nice, that's what i'm running on mine and same boost. I made just a touch under 700 on a mustang dyno on E85. Not a crazy amount of timing but I was about to start to hitting the fuel fuel limits on my injectors.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Over 700 I'm sure. I haven't dynoed it, but the cars I run with are in that range.
700+ must be a hoot to drive. I think back in the early days of the '03-'04 Cobra when 500whp was supreme and plenty strong on the street. And now '700' is the new norm and 800+ not uncommon. Your Cobra is putting down over 200whp than my old ported Eaton '03 Cobra. That much power on the street (for me) is mind boggling. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing your Cobra in August when my wife and I vacation in San Diego. (y)

LS WUT

Established Member
Alright boys I need some help. Does anyone know the size of the bolt for the upper idler? My bolt left the chat and ****ed up my belt and such.

Attachments

• 60DEFEE1-E941-43C9-A6B7-8DA590AB2B9A.jpeg
    60DEFEE1-E941-43C9-A6B7-8DA590AB2B9A.jpeg
    345.5 KB · Views: 61
  • A49887DF-389F-4CB2-BA29-BB8F5DEDFA21.jpeg
    A49887DF-389F-4CB2-BA29-BB8F5DEDFA21.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 56

01yellercobra

Established Member
700+ must be a hoot to drive. I think back in the early days of the '03-'04 Cobra when 500whp was supreme and plenty strong on the street. And now '700' is the new norm and 800+ not uncommon. Your Cobra is putting down over 200whp than my old ported Eaton '03 Cobra. That much power on the street (for me) is mind boggling. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing your Cobra in August when my wife and I vacation in San Diego. (y)
It's fun and scary at the same time. I had planned on being full E85 when you were here. You're welcome to take it for a spin if you want.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
It's fun and scary at the same time. I had planned on being full E85 when you were here. You're welcome to take it for a spin if you want.
I’m learning how to drive mine again. Mine is probably 650 right now (we removed a degree of timing and I’m only seeing 18psi on the street). A lot of fun but yeah, I’m pretty nervous hammering it in 2nd gear still.

hatchke

Established Member
I’m learning how to drive mine again. Mine is probably 650 right now (we removed a degree of timing and I’m only seeing 18psi on the street). A lot of fun but yeah, I’m pretty nervous hammering it in 2nd gear still.

lol I feel that. 2nd gear in my car is sloppy to say the least, even with a SRA. Car wants to go straight but spins all over the place. I went from a bolt-on eaton and then next time I hammered on the car it was 2.9 E85 lol. Learning curve for sure.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you so much brother. I threw a bolt in it that I had with me to get me home. Always something.
You’re welcome buddy. I hear ya man. I’m in pretty deep myself right now. Haha. Calling it quits for today tho.

Attachments

• 9888A866-C6E5-4DF8-BB68-0BA8CE502A5F.jpeg
    9888A866-C6E5-4DF8-BB68-0BA8CE502A5F.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 41

01yellercobra

Established Member

lol I feel that. 2nd gear in my car is sloppy to say the least, even with a SRA. Car wants to go straight but spins all over the place. I went from a bolt-on eaton and then next time I hammered on the car it was 2.9 E85 lol. Learning curve for sure.
When I left a meet a couple weekends ago I was messing around and managed to spin through 3rd. Oops. Before I put the drag radials on it was spinning at 80. My traction control was working overtime.

hatchke

Established Member
@LARperformance makes a nice piece, opened it up and installed it today. Fitment was great, and if anything was better than what BBK offered. It's a touch shorter which allowed me to tuck up the exhaust a little better.

02 bung placement isn't angled slightly down like the BBK, which makes my wideband the lowest point on the exhaust.

52726458418_a3f74b7413_b.jpg

52725978106_6a637afcbb_b.jpg

Looking at the BBK piece it looks more like a H and not quite the same X configuration as the LAR Performance X. BBK is "technically" in X configuration, but pipe placement is much different. Definitely changed up the exhaust tone in a very good way. Very pleased with how the car sounds now.

Also lowered the front of the car a touch more on the coilovers, as I wasn't quite happy with the ride height. I'll let it settle over the next day or two and see how it's sitting. I figure it's probably only 1/4" - 1/3" lower than before.

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
@LARperformance makes a nice piece, opened it up and installed it today. Fitment was great, and if anything was better than what BBK offered. It's a touch shorter which allowed me to tuck up the exhaust a little better.

02 bung placement isn't angled slightly down like the BBK, which makes my wideband the lowest point on the exhaust.

Looking at the BBK piece it looks more like a H and not quite the same X configuration as the LAR Performance X. BBK is "technically" in X configuration, but pipe placement is much different. Definitely changed up the exhaust tone in a very good way. Very pleased with how the car sounds now.

Also lowered the front of the car a touch more on the coilovers, as I wasn't quite happy with the ride height. I'll let it settle over the next day or two and see how it's sitting. I figure it's probably only 1/4" - 1/3" lower than before.
Glad you gave us feedback on that place. Sounds like they are a feasible option for us. Hopefully they stay in business.

LARperformance

Established Member

Thanks for taking the time to post feedback. A lot of the companies now that use the BBK "box" style design are no longer true X's. It's literally a hollow square center and 4 pipes coming out of the ends to create the illusion of an X that's become popular. We bought a few and were very disappointed when we cut into them to see they weren't even xpipes. Our design is pressure fitted in the X section and then welded! So, if the weld ever became weak in the 10+ years of abuse then the pressure fitment will still keep it sealed, minimizing any chance of a leak. I'm glad you're happy with our quality. It means a lot

2003RedfireVert

Established Member
8790C978-E368-4900-96DC-DEB206730556.jpeg
Drove it quite a bit today. Took my dad for a ride for the first time since the tune. He is in love!

Was asked by a guy at a gas station if I wanted to sell it. I asked him “How much money do you have?” He wanted to throw in a Lightning with cash…

It’s not for sale. Already too much blood, sweat, and tears into it. It’s mine for quite awhile if not until I die or hand it down to my son.

hatchke

Established Member
Thanks for taking the time to post feedback. A lot of the companies now that use the BBK "box" style design are no longer true X's. It's literally a hollow square center and 4 pipes coming out of the ends to create the illusion of an X that's become popular. We bought a few and were very disappointed when we cut into them to see they weren't even xpipes. Our design is pressure fitted in the X section and then welded! So, if the weld ever became weak in the 10+ years of abuse then the pressure fitment will still keep it sealed, minimizing any chance of a leak. I'm glad you're happy with our quality. It means a lot

Totally! Glad to. I was pleased to see your piece on the market given how unhappy I was with my BBK situation. I really didn't want to swap longtubes or anything like that, so you definitely fulfilled a need I had.

For posterity, an exhaust clip to match.

Users who are viewing this thread