What did you do for your Terminator today?

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
ADB9CBA4-8AE3-4C71-B09C-64AD47D9B8A1.jpeg

Pulled this baby out the other day to fix the leaking cover and finally put the Ford racing cover on it. The backlash is maybe .002 out of spec. Thinking I will do a 373 gear while it’s out now.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I felt some slack in my shifter and thought maybe at 126k the plastic cup had finally wore out. Nope, the shifter was loose. In the process it tore up the gasket. I already have a new one on order. And I went ahead and put the brass cup in since I had it.
20230224_132428.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N981U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know a guy that makes a mean shifter gasket
LOL!

I felt some slack in my shifter and thought maybe at 126k the plastic cup had finally wore out. Nope, the shifter was loose. In the process it tore up the gasket. I already have a new one on order. And I went ahead and put the brass cup in since I had it.View attachment 1782403

Sent from my SM-N981U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Wow, that gasket was jacked! Vibration can cause one or more bolts to loosen over time and as we discussed, blue threadlocker should prevent that from happening again. Bob, do you know how long ago the gasket was installed? Just curious. I'm wondering if it was my original/older thinner gasket material which was 1/32" thick.

I'll send out your new gasket kit in the morning, my friend. You should get it in 4-5 business days. Hmmm, should I send brown silicone, clear, blue, orange or red. I'll send blue since it's closest to your Mystichrome paint. LOL. I do seriously use all of those colors. Depends on the price of the silicone material when I order it. Some colors are usually cheaper than others, at times. Prices fluctuate all the time. I watch for deals. ;)

01yellercobra

Established Member
LOL!

Wow, that gasket was jacked! Vibration can cause one or more bolts to loosen over time and as we discussed, blue threadlocker should prevent that from happening again. Bob, do you know how long ago the gasket was installed? Just curious. I'm wondering if it was my original/older thinner gasket material which was 1/32" thick.

I'll send out your new gasket kit in the morning, my friend. You should get it in 4-5 business days. Hmmm, should I send brown silicone, clear, blue, orange or red. I'll send blue since it's closest to your Mystichrome paint. LOL. I do seriously use all of those colors. Depends on the price of the silicone material when I order it. Some colors are usually cheaper than others, at times. Prices fluctuate all the time. I watch for deals. ;)
I'll make sure to post the matching gasket on my Instagram when it goes in. :)

I installed that back in 2015 when I did the first trans oil change. That was also about 30k miles ago.

03' White Snake

Established Member

I installed that back in 2015 when I did the first trans oil change. That was also about 30k miles ago.
30k miles since 2015, damn, you sure do get more months a year to drive it than we do.

I bought mine in 07’ with 10,749. She now has 54,xxx. Only gets used 5-6 months a year around here.

01yellercobra

Established Member
30k miles since 2015, damn, you sure do get more months a year to drive it than we do.

I bought mine in 07’ with 10,749. She now has 54,xxx. Only gets used 5-6 months a year around here.
Unless the car is apart for something I probably never go longer than 3 weeks without driving it. My clutch foot starts to get twitchy if I go too long.

MG0h3

Established Member
still waiting on my 3.0 whipple. SMH. Its been months. I think whipple has issues getting parts. I got one more swap left in me. This will be my last blower swap. Then add another car to the stable but just to cruise. stock. I always wanted a 99 04 saleen. or I might pick up a c6 z06.

Mines been sitting in my spare bedroom for a year….just haven’t had the drive to work on it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

MG0h3

Established Member
Bob, "not happy with what you have" is synonymous with owning a 2003-2004 Cobra. :ROFLMAO: Seems like the average owner is constantly wanting to try something new.

@stangfreak, so you're moving from a 2.9 Whipple to the 3.0 Whipple? I'm curious why you're swapping?

Same boost with way less pulley typically yields @50rwhp over Gen3/4.

Likely a bit more over a Gen2.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Ah, okay. I had switched to the 1/16" material by then. It's rare that the shifter bolts loosen to the point the shifter moves enough to damage the gasket. That's maybe the third case since 2003 that I remember seeing.

Same boost with way less pulley typically yields @50rwhp over Gen3/4.

Likely a bit more over a Gen2.

Makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

LS WUT

Established Member
Just ordered some fresh coils, TR6 and a new x-pipe from @LARperformance . The BBK piece i've been using positions the 02 sensors way too low and I keep breaking my wideband sensor. Looks like the positioning on the LAR piece is much better

Just when I thought the car was done right? lol
Haha, nice man. Let us know if that helps a little bit. Also would love to hear from someone we know to get something from LAR.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Just ordered today:

MS3 PRO PNP
Two: 14 POINT 7 Wide bands with Bosch ADV Sensors
FIC1650 Injectors
Metco 2lb lower
Whipple 3.25 Upper
PMAS MAF
Standard to Slot Style Adapter
EGR Block Off Plate
New Intercooler tube O-Rings

I allready have the Whipple 3.0 I picked up at TPS Motorsports from Black Friday. Very excited to get everything together!

fangin2u

Established Member
Just ordered some fresh coils, TR6 and a new x-pipe from @LARperformance . The BBK piece i've been using positions the 02 sensors way too low and I keep breaking my wideband sensor. Looks like the positioning on the LAR piece is much better

Just when I thought the car was done right? lol
I just put their xpipe on my car. It fits great.

hatchke

Established Member
I just put their xpipe on my car. It fits great.

Nice! I'm glad to hear that. I felt like I was taking a bit of a gamble but... I've killed 2 widebands at this point so I felt like the investment in a new x-pipe basically paid for itself :LOL:

Haha, nice man. Let us know if that helps a little bit. Also would love to hear from someone we know to get something from LAR.

Definitely will keep y'all posted on the LAR piece. I'm hoping the plugs and coils just take care of my issue. One of my coils is already a weird mismatched unit, so I assume it's probably worth addressing them all

Users who are viewing this thread