What did you do for your Terminator today?

MG0h3

Established Member
Went to the track on Friday, very first “full” 1/8 pass with the 3.0, first car down the track. It felt good to shake the belt gremlins that plagued me for a full season.

This is on 28#’s, will work my way up to whatever I can throw at it. Full stock interior, 3620 race weight, pump e85, 3.25 rear street car.

Damn. Hauling the mail.

6R80?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ITSTOCK

Established Member
I don’t know, this was the first time out. Ran the 1/8 because I was told to keep it under 10.0 in the 1/4, obviously failed at that. Second pass ran 1/4 but lost second gear. I’ll have the trans back early next week for another try. I might change pulleys to 32#’s right away, but I still have a couple degrees timing to add at 28, just haven’t had the passes to play with the tune. Id definitely like to add some timing in the lower rpm’s to make up for the initial hit belt slip I’m seeing

Attachments

• 154EC709-63A4-405B-B0C0-3C1822B8D647.jpeg
    154EC709-63A4-405B-B0C0-3C1822B8D647.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 85
  • E13DF6ED-2F46-4CF2-BB34-AAC4E570408D.jpeg
    E13DF6ED-2F46-4CF2-BB34-AAC4E570408D.jpeg
    142.5 KB · Views: 85

MG0h3

Established Member
Is the 8.60 when you broke the trans?

Et isn’t much better than your 1/8 pass but 30 more mph.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Is the 8.60 when you broke the trans?

Et isn’t much better than your 1/8 pass but 30 more mph.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I broke the trans on the 8.6 pass. The first vid/slip I posted on the previous page was just an 1/8 mile pass then hard on the brakes.

I haven’t played much with the suspension either, need to corner scale, not enough weight on the front or need to loosen the extension on the rear. I really would benefit from some outside video. It’s on a 275 radial.

Santiago

Established Member
I don’t know, this was the first time out. Ran the 1/8 because I was told to keep it under 10.0 in the 1/4, obviously failed at that. Second pass ran 1/4 but lost second gear. I’ll have the trans back early next week for another try. I might change pulleys to 32#’s right away, but I still have a couple degrees timing to add at 28, just haven’t had the passes to play with the tune. Id definitely like to add some timing in the lower rpm’s to make up for the initial hit belt slip I’m seeing
Beautiful forsure she has more in her keep it up

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Went to the track on Friday, very first “full” 1/8 pass with the 3.0, first car down the track. It felt good to shake the belt gremlins that plagued me for a full season.

This is on 28#’s, will work my way up to whatever I can throw at it. Full stock interior, 3620 race weight, pump e85, 3.25 rear street car.

SOLID runs, sir! The motor sounds awesome in a wild way.

I see you raced at Maple Grove and you live in WV? That's a long haul. What part of WV?

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Man your car sounds angry, that thing was ripping!

What kind of belt issues where you having? I just stripped a belt at the track and haven't really determine the reason??

It's common on the "bigger" blowers. I went through the same thing with my 3.4/stock engine, certain pulley combos just eject the belt at the hit on auto cars, or shifting/hit on stick cars. Allen/Broke7 put a go pro on and figured out that the alternator/mount flexes which throws the pulley out of alignment.

I then had one sent out to a metallurgist and NASCAR guy and they found the same thing, even tried tool steel and a couple other metals. The mounting points just don't work on the blower drive. It was also brought to my attention that it might be the case of the alternator causing some flexing. I tried very hard and spent some coin to try to keep the alternator AND AC, but in the end, I had to get rid of the AC and relocate the alternator. I didn't have these problems with mid 20's boost combo's, only upper 20's (and 30's).

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Thanks for the info sir!

I'm running Gen IV crusher @ 20psi have had it on for over a year did a few role races and never had any issues. Belt doesn't show any sign of mis-alignment or wear. I just recently went to the drags and the car shredded the belt on the 3-4 shift?
All idlers roll smoothly none have any issues that I notice. No sign of alignment issues.

I did notice my tensioner squeaks when I installed the new belt, I drove it 90 miles home no issues and no unusual wear.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread