What did you do for your Terminator today?

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Glad ford is still producing the front grills. Autonation helped out yet again. 25$ out the door.
Old 1 had a crack in it and was faded. Now my headlights are looking beat up.
DSC05632.JPG
DSC05631.JPG

Last edited:

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Pulled the back seats out last night, so I could take a look at why the convertible top won't come up by itself. Turns out, there's a leaky line and it's low on fluid. Got a set of lines on the way. Should be back operational in no time.
Make sure it's the lines leaking and not the cylinders. I've never heard of the lines leaking (doesn't mean they aren't) but with the age of the car, it's typically the cylinders that leak.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Glad ford is still producing the front grills. Autonation helped out yet again. 25$ out the door.
Old 1 had a crack in it and was faded. Now my headlights are looking beat up.

Man do I know this game. Make something shinny and new and the surrounding parts look like ugly step sisters LMAO!!!!!

Andrew Skaggs

Established Member
Make sure it's the lines leaking and not the cylinders. I've never heard of the lines leaking (doesn't mean they aren't) but with the age of the car, it's typically the cylinders that leak.

Almost positive it’s the lines. The cylinder is clean and there’s no fluid on the connector where it screws in. The fluid appears to be leaking where the connector is crimped onto the line.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Almost positive it’s the lines. The cylinder is clean and there’s no fluid on the connector where it screws in. The fluid appears to be leaking where the connector is crimped onto the line.
I would recommend that you clean everything really good, use some brake parts cleaner so it dries nice, fill the pump and cycle it several times to verify the leak.

Again, I'm not saying it can't be the lines, but the cylinders are the common problem when the car gets to this age and the top starts to struggle. I'd hate for you to waste time and money on the wrong fix.

Good luck and let us know how it all works out.

MG0h3

Established Member
Interior reno time... sound deadening and insulation down before new ACC carpet/mats, new leather shift/e-brake boots, DIY rear seat delete and leather/suede Corbeau seats all go in. Nothing better than a perfect interior IMOView attachment 1556813View attachment 1556814
Was there a lot of the sound deadening in there from the factory? About to go on a diet. Might scrape it out when I do my seats.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
Was there a lot of the sound deadening in there from the factory? About to go on a diet. Might scrape it out when I do my seats.

Not particularly. Pretty much just the carpet backing which is fairly thick though not under 100% of the carpet. You may be able to shed a pound or so

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I did mine about a month before you and experienced the same thing.

Approximately how long did the job take you? I’ll be tackling this job soon. I bought new cylinders and lines just with the reasoning that if I’m already in there and they’re 15 years old might as well freshen it all up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Doing my 6r80 to trans cooler lines. A little close to the Kooks LT's. So used some DEI 3/4" tube style and 1" heat shrink.View attachment 1556760 Cover the 1/2" pushloc line that's close to headers.
Nicely done that wrap looks very professional! Definitely a smart move.

Users who are viewing this thread