What did you do for your Terminator today?

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Got the belt on today, took some photos of it. They really don't do it justice. It looks really cool in person. Took a short drive, worked fine. Zero chirping, held boost. We'll see how the longevity goes, but day 1....I give this new gates rpm a big thumbs up

The first few photos are from the plugs n fuel filter change....1 year old on E85 about 1500 miles

View attachment 1450704

driver side
View attachment 1450705

passenger side
View attachment 1450706

fuel filter
View attachment 1450707

the belt
View attachment 1450708

View attachment 1450709

View attachment 1450710

View attachment 1450711

I’ve been busy for the last couple of days upgrading from my POSI to the VMP. Now onto the Fore level 4 fuel system and a few lose ends to tidy up on then tune time. View attachment 1450745View attachment 1450746View attachment 1450747

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

That XRPM belt definitely looks good and is on my list! I also have the whipple aux idler like you guys do. I have mine pulled way over as far as I can go drivers side to give as much wrap as I can. The belt is very close to the touching itself. Is there a reason you guys dont do that?
24168659947_abbddaa408_k.jpg
Tvs by johnpsantone, on Flickr

Last edited:

TP 112

Established Member
No reason on my car other then the belt size will dictate how close it will be. This is a 3.2 with a 4lb lower. It will be way closer with the 2.8 and 3.0 I’ll be running with this same belt. When I had my POSI on the car with a 2.76 upper and same 4lb lower. The belt was so close to touching that at first I worried about it but it never rubbed itself. That’s the advantage of the Whipple tensioner one size belt will work on different pulley setups.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

cj428mach

Established Member
That XRPM belt definitely looks good and is on my list! I also have the whipple aux idler like you guys do. I have mine pulled way over as far as I can go drivers side to give as much wrap as I can. The belt is very close to the touching itself. Is there a reason you guys dont do that?
View attachment 1450880Tvs by johnpsantone, on Flickr

This is how I run my belt, it seems to maximize belt wrap.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Where did you get the Ford SVT plaque on the VMP?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

Many variables to answer that question.....mainly the pulley size combinations all through each setup. The blower upper, crank lower, alternator, idlers.....etc.

As I've already mentioned.....I actually have this RPM setup "soft" and have less tension on it than when I had the gatorback on. The gatorback was pinched more over similar to yours. This RPM is basically kevlar and does not stretch. Other belts expand and contract quite a bit more. When you go from WOT to off throttle, there is tremendous stretching going on...not with this RPM. Set it too tight and it will SNAP! It also has material that provides more grip.

If you get this RPM....you too will set it up softer that what I see you doing in this picture (assuming it's an identical size belt of course). I think people will find you can probably get away with a slightly larger RPM belt than what you are required to run right now to achieve no slip.

blownfox

Established Member
I never see my charge temps that low. Drove mine yesterday to work and cruising 75 on the turnpike I was Seeing 90 and the out side temp was in the high 30's. It get any higher on your drive to work?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That was near the end of my drive to work . It might have hit 70-75. On the way home it hit 95-100. That's mainly because I was stuck in construction at Kellogg and Greenwich. I'm not spinning the blower hard with the 3.0 pulley on it.

Although I have been talking with Malcolm and will be running a 2.8 next year! So i should see 17psi instead of 15.

olympic

Established Member
Replaced the weatherstripping across the top of the windshield. There was always a weird bulge there so I finally got around to replacing it.

Before:

20171215_025004.jpg

After:

20171215_033539.jpg

Also installed a FR500 steering wheel. Very nice improvement in quality and feel over the stock wheel!

20171215_025106.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread