What did you do for your Terminator today?

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Unfortunately nothing exciting, I launched from 5000 with a quick slip, it got out of the hole after a lot of noise, and I pulled to the side of the track. I thought that if I stopped using the 2 step I could avoid breaking parts. The diff has the ford motorsport cover after breaking the stock cover with the billet flow brace, and it has gforce half shafts after breaking the stock half shafts too many times to count. I also just put in the magnum after breaking the output shaft on the t56. I haven't made a clean pass all year do to the above. Apparently the housing is the weak point, or the bushing was shot, or the I installed something wrong after doing it 50 times in my life.
Gforce has talked about a 9 inch center section for the cobra at least they were when they were doing the prototype half shafts. I will message a freind of mine and see if there has been anymore talk about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
went out tonight and made a few pulls and data logged to get the tune dialed in more. Very happy with how the car is running now. It has been down 2 years and in that time I did a vmp, fore full return, built sra and a handful of other items. Spent the night putting some miles on the car and enjoying the cool air here in ks.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Washed and cleaned up, and drove it.
Anyone else have issues with the car breaking up after sitting for a while? I really haven’t drove it in 6 months. A/F is all over the place. If I lay into a little, no boost it cleans up, but will miss on a light load

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Anyone else have issues with the car breaking up after sitting for a while? I really haven’t drove it in 6 months. A/F is all over the place. If I lay into a little, no boost it cleans up, but will miss on a light load

Bad gas Brad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not today but yesterday my Uncle was in town for my Grandpa, his Dad’s funeral. He asked to go for a ride. I took him for one gave it a quick rip on a country back road and he really liked it.

MG0h3

Established Member

Man 6 months is a long time. I'd cruise around and burn that out and get fresh gas before doing anything. "they" say gas loses some octane after 3 months.

MissV8der

Established Member
Finally got the stock temperature gauge to work...Lots of troubleshooting and researching and it ended up being the motor on the back of the gauge.

I also found out that those little motors are interchangeable from similar gauges. I replaced my temperature gauge with a voltmeter gauge.

3f0f1b04e2a231deb9cc748f9e21762d.jpg

Stage 4.6

Established Member

i have a similar issue, took mine out after 2 weeks, parked it with a fresh tank of SHELL, layed into mine from a 2nd gear roll, it hit really strong but when i shifted into 3rd the car bucked on me? Did this twice? Car was tuned over the summer and has been running really well until this?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
The question is what didn't I do to them LOL. Worked on both cars this weekend.

First I fixed my broken side view mirror in my Vert:

Work 1.JPG

Work 2.JPG

Work 3.JPG

Work 4.JPG

In case anyone is wondering I bought the insert off eBay. Here is the box with the brand and part number. Part number 5320 is the passenger side mirror.
Work 5.JPG

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Then I replaced some worn out parts on my Vert:

New convertible top switch.
Work 6.JPG

Installed new door switches.
Work 7.JPG

Replaced worn out shift knob:
Old
Work 8.JPG

New
Work 12.JPG

Replaced trunk springs:
Old
Work 11.JPG

New
Work 16.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Then I decided to repaint my spoiler as it look like something was placed on it and then dragged off. There where scratches all across this thing. I t was like that when I bought it.

If you look close you can see the scratches on the spoiler.
Work 9.JPG
Work 10.JPG

Needs to be cleaned up.
Work 13.JPG
Work 14.JPG

Still has some marks from the seal. I'm going to wet sand and buff it.
Work 15.JPG

Here's the spoiler wet sanded with 600 grit, ready for base coat.
Work 17.JPG

Here it is in base coat. I will clear coat it later and then wet sand and buff.
Work 18.JPG

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Lastly, removed the front bumper from my coupe. Going to replace the Heat Exchanger and install new fog lights. I'm also going to clean up the fog light bezels and do something with the chin spoiler.

See, I told you guys my wife was very supportive. All I did all weekend was work on these cars.

Work 19.JPG
Work 20.JPG

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Very nice work Glenn. I did the trunk springs on mine this past summer they were shot. How hard is it to remove the spoiler? My 3M seal is hanging out some. I got it back up there but it’s bugging me lol.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Very nice work Glenn. I did the trunk springs on mine this past summer they were shot. How hard is it to remove the spoiler? My 3M seal is hanging out some. I got it back up there but it’s bugging me lol.

Thanks Patrick!!

In general it is not too difficult to remove the spoiler. However, once you remove the 2 screws ( located on trunk lock side outer edge) and 5 nuts (located under the top of the trunk) there are to plastic tabs (one on each side of the trunk lock) they are a bit of a pain to remove. You have to pull the bottom of the spoiler outward to get the tabs to clear the trunk and then lift up the get the studs out of the top of the trunk.

I used a bit of pressure and while I was lifting up on the spoiler it kind of "popped" off.

I've been looking for the replacement seal for the spoiler as it is worn out. All I could find is double stick tape and the original is NOT double stick. It is an actual seal that sticks to the spoiler, but seals on the trunk.

Maybe I'll go to the hardware store and see if they have something similar.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks Patrick!!

In general it is not too difficult to remove the spoiler. However, once you remove the 2 screws ( located on trunk lock side outer edge) and 5 nuts (located under the top of the trunk) there are to plastic tabs (one on each side of the trunk lock) they are a bit of a pain to remove. You have to pull the bottom of the spoiler outward to get the tabs to clear the trunk and then lift up the get the studs out of the top of the trunk.

I used a bit of pressure and while I was lifting up on the spoiler it kind of "popped" off.

I've been looking for the replacement seal for the spoiler as it is worn out. All I could find is double stick tape and the original is NOT double stick. It is an actual seal that sticks to the spoiler, but seals on the trunk.

Maybe I'll go to the hardware store and see if they have something similar.

Yeah I need to remove mine eventually. I don’t wanna mess anything up. It would be nice if @LMR would make something for us.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Yeah I need to remove mine eventually. I don’t wanna mess anything up. It would be nice if @LMR would make something for us.

I checked a few places (LMR, American Muscle and CJ Pony), no one listed anything like that. I'll do some more searching later. It's just a thin piece of rubber with glue on one side. Simple weather stripping really. Should be able to find it some where.

Once I locate it I'll let you know.

cj428mach

Established Member
Please post up the weather stripping you find. I just got word from my painter he's ready for my spolier, rockers and rear bumper cover.

Users who are viewing this thread