What did you do for your Terminator today?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I bought a Porter Cable 7424 and am trying to detail the car. I washed and clayed the car already and just started with the PC last night. Even though everything I've read said the PC is fool proof, I'm nervous as hell using it lol.

Nice!

You will do fine. The nice thing with the PC is it works slooooow....so the safety margin is huge. It does take longer, but thats a good thing. Just keep the pad surgically clean, change it out often with a fresh one once they get caked, don't drop it or brush up against the tires or other dirty, gritty things, and keep the pad lubed with the polishing pad lube spray thats available.

Post some pics

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member

01yellercobra

Established Member
My son got his license about a week and a half ago. We cruised to the local races tonight.
67484004ef48011f95b1407fd8804200.jpg

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

wckdvnm

Established Member
Installed this monster today. Some part of me feels like my car had some crappy aftermarket single row on the car from a previous owner. Because this thing is massive next to it. It fit in with little fuss and my modified mark 8 fan blade is a big improvement over stock although a lot of people doubted me.
5a6f3a34dbde1a0358f1f4db3c9e551d.jpg
b9e65b3dc44a091b6560b9438a3c4bfb.jpg
3bc45eebd36c6bcfc75998bc35660d83.jpg
f068f95bf5693cb413668ea2415f9b5c.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Installed this monster today. Some part of me feels like my car had some crappy aftermarket single row on the car from a previous owner. Because this thing is massive next to it. It fit in with little fuss and my modified mark 8 fan blade is a big improvement over stock although a lot of people doubted me.
5a6f3a34dbde1a0358f1f4db3c9e551d.jpg
b9e65b3dc44a091b6560b9438a3c4bfb.jpg
3bc45eebd36c6bcfc75998bc35660d83.jpg
f068f95bf5693cb413668ea2415f9b5c.jpg
you don't think that's the stock one?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Texas sounds like a decent state to have emission testing, thankfully Kansas has none.

From what I've heard most states require stock emission systems and improvements to the system aren't allowed. You could be running e85 with a return fuel system and putting out 1/4th the pollution and it would fail emissions which is ridiculous. Some states don't allow the cats to be put in different locations than stock. So if you have Long tube headers but still have cats you'd fail, even if the car was putting out less emissions than stock.

Just another reason people should always dislike government, as they never try to make your life easier, only harder. End Rant.
I agree completely. As long as what is coming out of the tailpipe is clean enough, why should the visual matter?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member

Zemedici

Established Member
Wish I had the know how and the fortitude to install long tubes

its simple brotha! Just nuts and bolts! Granted, I know how to wrench on my cars and still have my guys do it. I know where my expertise lies, and where theirs lies :D

Get out there and get started, @Bdubbs does all the mechanical work on his car, and has taught himself the whole way. I bet he could give a few pointers on starting wrenching on your own car.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
its simple brotha! Just nuts and bolts! Granted, I know how to wrench on my cars and still have my guys do it. I know where my expertise lies, and where theirs lies :D

Get out there and get started, @Bdubbs does all the mechanical work on his car, and has taught himself the whole way. I bet he could give a few pointers on starting wrenching on your own car.
Thanks. I did most all the work on my 93, but the 03 looks a little more complicated. I'm just nervous about screwing up a low mileage car and it driving sideways after ha

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Thanks. I did most all the work on my 93, but the 03 looks a little more complicated. I'm just nervous about screwing up a low mileage car and it driving sideways after ha
I used to be that way. From when i was 16-24 I had two different 95 GTs with 5.0s that i did EVERYTHING to. Pulled motors, built strokers, drivelines, everything. When i got my cobra i was nervous to do anything more than simple bolt ons because it was a DOHC and so different. The more you learn the simpler they start to seem. 5 years ago I probably would have been too nervous to do this. But now no big deal.

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm going to be the better man and just keep my mouth shut as I should have done in the first place when he started messaging me. But, he knows who he is and knows what he did. I'm sure he has seen this post.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Get with a mod or call him out if it's really that bad.

Maybe it'll save one of us from getting screwed down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I used to be that way. From when i was 16-24 I had two different 95 GTs with 5.0s that i did EVERYTHING to. Pulled motors, built strokers, drivelines, everything. When i got my cobra i was nervous to do anything more than simple bolt ons because it was a DOHC and so different. The more you learn the simpler they start to seem. 5 years ago I probably would have been too nervous to do this. But now no big deal.
I have a 2.3 whipple, GT supercar fuel pumps in a Fore hat, 80lb injectors and billetflow idlers sitting in my garage. I've been wanting to do the swap and have read how to do it. I guess I'll start with that and then maybe tackle long tubes before getting it tuned. If you see an OW 03 terminator for sale in a few weeks, don't buy it lol.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Took mine to cars and coffee. Didn't really get any pics of it. You can see the ass end behind this beautiful 93 Cobra someone brought to the show.

e3b5b4d78b907d4e86dd78e7191f334a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Took mine to cars and coffee. Didn't really get any pics of it. You can see the ass end behind this beautiful 93 Cobra someone brought to the show.

e3b5b4d78b907d4e86dd78e7191f334a.jpg

I've always wanted a red one. Freaking love it. Yours too lol

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Thanks man. Stupid Tapatalk not loading the quote. I really dig your 93 and 03. I love all 93 colors but am partial to teal. I still don't get to this day why they didn't offer a teal 10th instead of silver to pay homage.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Swapped out alternators again yesterday. Went back to the stock one with a new regulator. Never went under 14.1vdc after the engine got up to temp. Need to drive it and see how it does in traffic now. Also swapped the blower belt since I had a new one on the shelf.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread