What car says “I made it”?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
For me, its Aston Martin. I could give two shits about Mbz, bmw, audi, theyre nice cars but they just scream overhyped status symbol.

You pull up in an AM and everyone's looking to see who steps out. When the time comes, that's where I'm spending my first over $100k car purchase on....

TERMN8U

Established Member
Not sure about made it, but I love the new Acura NSX.
You and 3 other people like the NSX
They won’t make that car much longer. They can’t sell them.
Jk. Cool car but Nobody seems to really lost after it.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wasn't really a fan of the NSX, neither it's style nor the way the powertrain was designed.

But something happened a few months back, I saw an all white car that was completely debadged. It looked extremely good.

I'd still never buy one even though I guess they are pretty good drivers.

Blown 89

Established Member
I think only the ridiculously unobtainable cars say you've made it. The reason I say this is that Ferraris, McLaren's, and Aston Martins are more affordable on the used market than people realize.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I think only the ridiculously unobtainable cars say you've made it. The reason I say this is that Ferraris, McLaren's, and Aston Martins are more affordable on the used market than people realize.

Definitely, you can pick up an earlier DB9, say a 2005 for just under 40K. Aston Martin made the DB9 forever, 2004-2016...later ones of course sky rocket in price, the earlier ones really don't look too dated.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
Corvette.. every owner ends up telling you their whole life story like it's going in Time magazine..

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Imo any $300k car and up. When the car costs more than a typical home and you can afford it, IMO you made it.
I know there are different opinions on this, but I dont need paganis or koenigseggs. I would prob get a heart attack worrying about parking those cars in public.
I get anxious driving and parking my viper and it isnt even 100k.

Blown 89

Established Member
Imo any $300k car and up. When the car costs more than a typical home and you can afford it, IMO you made it.
I know there are different opinions on this, but I dont need paganis or koenigseggs. I would prob get a heart attack worrying about parking those cars in public.
I get anxious driving and parking my viper and it isnt even 100k.
Cars at $300k+ can be picked up cheap after a few years. You can get into a Mclaren for about the cost of some new trucks right now.

Coiled03

Established Member
Cars at $300k+ can be picked up cheap after a few years. You can get into a Mclaren for about the cost of some new trucks right now.

Uhh...that probably needs to be qualified with some information on the condition of said McLaren. I understand supercars hold their value about as well as rocks float. But, if they're in good shape, there's still a floor to the market.

Blown 89

Established Member
Uhh...that probably needs to be qualified with some information on the condition of said McLaren. I understand supercars hold their value about as well as rocks float. But, if they're in good shape, there's still a floor to the market.
This one had 2k on the odo and still had the factory plastic on the carpets. It's my dad's but I know what he paid for it and it wasn't much:
Mac.jpg

I had it out last night and met a guy with one for sale. He wanted 90 something for it. The paint was perfect, brakes were new, and tires were new. IIRC it had 30k'ish miles on it. That's approaching duelie territory from the factory. Definitely less than a lot of the cars in the parking lot are new.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I'm talking about cars costing over $300k new. Not a used car that was $300k 20 years ago.

Also a loaded MP412C was barely reaching $250k, which doesnt qualify it for a $300k and up car.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
This one had 2k on the odo and still had the factory plastic on the carpets. It's my dad's but I know what he paid for it and it wasn't much:
View attachment 1542383

I had it out last night and met a guy with one for sale. He wanted 90 something for it. The paint was perfect, brakes were new, and tires were new. IIRC it had 30k'ish miles on it. That's approaching duelie territory from the factory. Definitely less than a lot of the cars in the parking lot are new.

90k is quite a hunk of change. I don’t know of a lot of cars going for that

Blown 89

Established Member
90k is quite a hunk of change. I don’t know of a lot of cars going for that
Teslas, Mercedes, the F350, the new V's, Vettes......car prices have creeped up to the point that a ton of cars on the road are in the 90's. You can't spit in Phoenix and not hit a $90k+ car anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread