What brand of gas do you guys run...?

fudgerunyard

Banned
Here in Orlando i try to run strictly Mobil 93, though i've used 7-11/Citgo in cases of emergency and have never noticed a difference. Does anybody else fret over running different brands or is it whatevers cheapest? I'm running a tried and true 2.2 KB making a conservative 16lbs of boost.

04TorchedSVT

Established Member
I run 93 shell all the time.... im just intake exhaust car. I wouldnt go racing with just any ole gas in my car especially with a twin screw. As long as ur not in boost a batch of lower grade gas really wont effect ur car just driving along.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Then do you buy fuel additives to increase the octane when running a twin-screw setup? I would think 91 wouldn't allow anymore than perhaps 14 lbs of boost, no?

you can run about 16 or 17* of timing and 17 psi on 91. I'm currenting running a 3.5 upper 2# lower (15 psi) setup on 91 11.7 a/f no problems. I'll be stepping it up to 3.2/2# soon. I'll run race gas on my 3.0/2# and 3.0/4# setups though.

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
Shell VPower 93 octane. about 90% of the time.
If not then Mobile 93....

I do take long weekends / trips in it from time to time and gas is a pain to find. I hate the 10% ethenol crap but sometimes it is all there is. Also, I have to keep a lower octane tune for out of state trips when I wind up in the 91 octane states

Juruense

Banned
I don't care, my car always has and always will get Shell 93 whether it comes from the same place or not.

TERMIN8U!

Just a little 281ci motor
Established Member
Anything that sells 93. Right before I deployed to Iraq it was up to 5.00 a gallon in Hawaii for 93! I hope its not that high when I get back.

Users who are viewing this thread