What brand of gas do you guys run...?

fduve

Established Member
I've always used Amoco 93 with great results. Has anyone tried the new Shell with Nitrogen? What is the Nitrogen supposed to do?

hand-to-ball

That Was Just Your Life
Established Member
Here in Orlando i try to run strictly Mobil 93, though i've used 7-11/Citgo in cases of emergency and have never noticed a difference. Does anybody else fret over running different brands or is it whatevers cheapest? I'm running a tried and true 2.2 KB making a conservative 16lbs of boost.

Any brand of 93 is fine. Anyone paying more for premium brands is wasting money and more important misinformed. There are only a handful of gas producers and they supply nearly all of the gas stations in America.

But I do love how companies like Mobil and Sunoco have some of you guys fooled into thinking their gas is better...it's exactly what they want you to think. That's what happens when you have multi-million dollar advertising budgets, where as Citgo or Valero don't.

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Any brand of 93 is fine. Anyone paying more for premium brands is wasting money and more important misinformed. There are only a handful of gas producers and they supply nearly all of the gas stations in America.

But I do love how companies like Mobil and Sunoco have some of you guys fooled into thinking their gas is better...it's exactly what they want you to think. That's what happens when you have multi-million dollar advertising budgets, where as Citgo or Valero don't.

i agree with alot of that, with the exception of the special additives some market. i'd hope that stuff really makes it in there if thats what they're marketing.

what is even more disturbing is the fact a previously trusted station location (regardless of company) can change suppliers and you unsuspectingly fill up with something less than 93 octane :dw: the choices the local/regional supplier is making are the culprit here, not necessarily the brand

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Shell, Hess, Mobil, any big name 93 octane and especially Sunoco but no more 94 in NY.. 23* here so always 93

never 7 eleven or mom and pop

Jroc

Established Member
It all comes from the same tap at the refinery...the only difference is the additives they put in when they load the tanker trucks.

x2.

In the south it all runs through the same pipeline, and I'm pretty that each part of the country follows a similar method. Why do you think gas skyrockets around here when we get a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico. :idea:

oldmodman

Established Member
76 Union 91 Octane. It's the highest octane that we can get in California.

Unless you buy the 100 octane race gas at the pump. But it's still 8.49 a gallon.

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Chevon mostly, they are the main refinery, here. Everyone else buys from them. 92 with 10% ethanol.

Ralo

Established Member
I can't find a locally station without ethanol now.

Jefe

Established Member
Chevron 91 every time

Why the crap does everyone on the east coast get to buy 93 octane? Why did the west coast get screwed? I dont know of any place in my city to buy higher than 91(besides 1 station that sells 100 octane) and theres over 1 million people here...

Users who are viewing this thread