what brand gears to go with?

LilSeabass

Established Member
I have been told by many over and over again....don't put anything else in the rear but FRPP gears. Anything else and the chances of you getting the dreaded gear wine go up.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
FRPP is the only way to go just as Slamson00 says. Anything else will just make a lot of noise and they get really annoying going down the road.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
New Old stock Ford Motorsport if you can find them for the reason that Rice Punisher stated, some of the newer Ford Racing gearsets are made by Motive!

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
+ 1000

I highly recommend these, kinda shame to put them somewhere that you can't see them...

IMG_5579.gif

IMG_5580.gif

IMG_5656.gif

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If some FRPP gear sets are coming through now sourced from Motive, I would wager they had to redesign their gears to comply with FORD'S standards.

Ford has been doing everything right lately I seriously doubt they are going to allow compromised quality on anything with the Ford name on it.

Just my opinion no proof available.

I would still trust FRPP for gears.

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
If some FRPP gear sets are coming through now sourced from Motive, I would wager they had to redesign their gears to comply with FORD'S standards.

Ford has been doing everything right lately I seriously doubt they are going to allow compromised quality on anything with the Ford name on it.

Motive 4.10's have had issues in our shop with whining more often than not that's why New old stock Ford Motorsport is the way to go..Try suppliers that have been in business for many years like Downs, Powered by Ford etc..

gargstang

Established Member
I had to try two sets of the FRPP gears to get the whining to stop. The first set kept changing backlash after you would drive it for some reason. The second set went in great with no issues.

Renegade90

Established Member

the first set i tried was warped, the set i settled with howls

Users who are viewing this thread