What block is stronger then a teksid?

RussZTT

Established Member
I spoke to John the other day for 45 min. His block, not sleeved, not filled, stock main caps. He did use larger side bolts with a main girdle.

05-10 3V blocks (same as Aluminator blocks) are the strongest Aluminum block on the market, but it's marginal at best over the Teksid IMO. In terms of cost, it's hard to beat the Teksid.

JM uses the Teksid, but it's far from stock, so you can't really compare that to a street prepped engine.

Helomech74

Established Member
I spoke to John the other day for 45 min. His block, not sleeved, not filled, stock main caps. He did use larger side bolts with a main girdle.

Is this his current motor? I ask because I spoke to him some time ago about filling a block for big power and he told me what he used to fill his.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
At what point do you worry about block failure with a Teksid or 05-10 block for that matter?

I'm not worried about my convertible build as it just will be a Vortech V1 Si. My Cobra is a different story with the plan being twin Precision 6062Gen IIs

Helomech74

Established Member
At what point do you worry about block failure with a Teksid or 05-10 block for that matter?

I'm not worried about my convertible build as it just will be a Vortech V1 Si. My Cobra is a different story with the plan being twin Precision 6062Gen IIs

You won't have to worry, either of those blocks will easily handle the power of those twins (assuming everything else is up to par).

Users who are viewing this thread