What are your passive income gigs?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Started an auto detailing and candle making business.

Pros: amazing income to spend product ratio

Cons: I work 3-4 jobs sometimes between active duty. Both businesses and parts sales for Aed racing.

Pros: I won’t have a mortgage in a couple years

Cons: not passive income

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My aunt and uncle have over 700 storage units that they rent out at 3 different locations. They're always at 90%+ capacity. 75% of the units don't get opened more than once a year.

It's absolutely ridiculous to rent them. If it doesn't fit in your house, you DON'T NEED IT.

One of our previous neighbors had a 4000 sq ft home with a 3 car garage. Their entire house was a mess and they could not park even 1 car in their garage. They only had 1 kid too.

Call me Chief

Established Member
Not really passive but I am thinking about opening a head shop like they had in the 70s. Bongs, pipes, papers, fancy lighters, incense, posters, etc.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Not really passive but I am thinking about opening a head shop like they had in the 70s. Bongs, pipes, papers, fancy lighters, incense, posters, etc.

You forgot heavy metal music LMAO!!!!

When I was a teenager there was a place in town called "The Head Stand." It had all the stuff you mention plus a plethora of heavy metal cassettes. It's where me and my buddies would go get the latest metal or odd bands no one else had. It was great!

This was obviously WAY before streaming was around and no online shopping either LOL...

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Thats interesting. Around here these types of shops are all over. None themed or "cool" like what you're saying.

Just an indian who rents a store and imports a bunch of cheap shit. I'm wondering if these places don't get special tax breaks or incentives.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i guess if you hire somebody to run the car washed but I can only imagine all the bullshit damage claims, a lot of them still have employees to deal with, Im sure there's environmental bullshit to deal with on the water systems too.

the place I go installed a 180 degree camera tunnel you drive through entering the wash. I pay like $35/month for unlimited exterior washes and probably go 5 times/month on average. Im sure they make a killing on that

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
In addition to full-time work, my wife and I sell longhorn euro mounts. We had a beef business for a while and with longhorns, the skull/horns are 6+ feet wide and are a nice decorative piece.

There is quite a bit of work to boil the skulls clean and sand/polish the horns but the demand is really high for them.

We have a YouTube channel as well that is monetized so that's a daily residual from all video views.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I pay like $35/month for unlimited exterior washes and probably go 5 times/month on average. Im sure they make a killing on that

Yep, I think that's the hack. They sell people memberships and hope they just don't show up LOL.

I have a membership to a car wash place. However, it is literally across the street from where I work. So, when I go out for lunch (which is often, but not always) I go through the car wash on my way back to the office.

Damn sure getting my memberships money worth LMAO!!!!

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In addition to full-time work, my wife and I sell longhorn euro mounts. We had a beef business for a while and with longhorns, the skull/horns are 6+ feet wide and are a nice decorative piece.

There is quite a bit of work to boil the skulls clean and sand/polish the horns but the demand is really high for them.

We have a YouTube channel as well that is monetized so that's a daily residual from all video views.

Dude... I want a longhorn mount. Can you send me some details?

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i guess if you hire somebody to run the car washed but I can only imagine all the bullshit damage claims, a lot of them still have employees to deal with, Im sure there's environmental bullshit to deal with on the water systems too.

the place I go installed a 180 degree camera tunnel you drive through entering the wash. I pay like $35/month for unlimited exterior washes and probably go 5 times/month on average. Im sure they make a killing on that
I owned a car wash for 5.5yrs. It's expensive to start and employees are your biggest headache. Damage claims were few and far between.
All in all, it's a great business

Fast forward to today and I now work in carwash marketing (mainly SMS text marketing) and I will tell you that you are in the rare % of people who are using their membership more than 2x/month.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Dude... I want a longhorn mount. Can you send me some details?
Shipping is expensive so we try do do local sales as much as possible.
Shoot me a PM and we can discuss options. Never know, sometimes we can find someone making a drive that would cut the shipping out.

We sell them for $100/ft, measured as "tip to tip" length. Most are in the 5-6 1/2 foot wide range for reference

My wife is finishing one today that is 86" wide! By far the biggest we've had.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Not passive. Not me.

But wife is going through some of the middle of the road stages of opening up an LLC and providing healthcare with another FNP.

Our area is considered a healthcare desert, the need for providers is drastic. The woman she’s going to work with had an independent agency estimate the potential for roughly 1 million in income by year 5.

We’ll see, I guess they’ve already had a lot of people reaching out and showing interest in expansion before even existing if that makes sense.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
back on topic I guess, my ice and water vending machine is sitting here in our shop waiting to find a home. Ive just had so much personal bullshit and I havent had the drive to go find a home for it, had a deal lined up and fell through.

Interesting. Can you share some details on the vending machines? How did you get started? What are your initial costs? What are some challenges you've experienced?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting. Can you share some details on the vending machines? How did you get started? What are your initial costs? What are some challenges you've experienced?

this is my first try at this. I thought the ice machine thing was a good idea for a long time but didnt like those huge buildings that take up multiple parking spots. I'm in a leadership group and the owners of a company that produce ice/water vending machines joined. Their machines (everest ice and water) are the size of like 2.5 coke machines or something. They made me a deal I couldnt refuse, felt like it was meant to be.

the biggest thing is finding a location and negotiating terms (ie a flat monthly fee, % of sales etc)

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Just had another one claimed with a deposit thanks to this thread. Thanks SVTP

Here’s a photo of one we currently have in our living room for anyone interested

IMG_6342.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread