What are realistic weight differences between Foxbodies and SN95's

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Pre-IRS??? It's just terrible to have all that weight on the rear end of the car. Good thing there's not a heavy assed engine up front to balance it all out. 50/50 weight distribution is way over-rated.

I'll see your 03/04 steering wheel and raise you one.
DSC01372.jpg

mdoan

Established Member
Pre-IRS??? It's just terrible to have all that weight on the rear end of the car. Good thing there's not a heavy assed engine up front to balance it all out. 50/50 weight distribution is way over-rated.

I'll see your 03/04 steering wheel and raise you one.
DSC01372.jpg

My intent was not to get into an IRS-vs-live-axle debate - there are as many pluses as minuses for either. The OP only asked about weight, and, like it or not, the IRS is a huge contributor to that weight.

mdoan

Established Member
It may not be better than a Cobra R's, but IDK.(someone correct me if they're not unique to them, but I think they are)

They are indeed unique to the Cobra R - their dimpled serial# near the pass. side dust boot is SPR-VT, I believe, where the 03/04 rack shows SPR-ZM.

As you can imagine, you won't have much luck tracking down a Cobra R rack. 03/04's aren't easy as-is.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
My intent was not to get into an IRS-vs-live-axle debate - there are as many pluses as minuses for either. The OP only asked about weight, and, like it or not, the IRS is a huge contributor to that weight.

Agreed the IRS is heavy and I wasn't trying to start a debate either, sorry I sidetracked the discussion. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread