What are my options? Car not correct after accident.

YJSONLY

Established Member
This is why I traded my wife's 2011 Mustang after it was rear ended. The body shop and insurance company told me it was as good as it gets and pound sand, so while the claim was still open I traded it and fought for the depreciated value which they eventually paid because I refused to have a POS caused by their insured driver and piss poor repair process.

What insurance was this?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
Take it to another dealer and go for a test drive with the tech or mechanic. They work on this stuff all day, and usually will be the first ones to tell you if there is any issue.

I know not all dealers are the same, but I know ours would at least take the time to go on a test drive with the customer.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
State Farm is your problem. They have a program called "Parts Trader" that any body shop must use to order parts on a State Farm repair. A bunch of dealers are boycotting it because State Farm basically forces the parts departments to sell at or below dealer cost for the privilege of selling to a State Farm body shop.

blackfang

Established Member
State Farm is your problem. They have a program called "Parts Trader" that any body shop must use to order parts on a State Farm repair. A bunch of dealers are boycotting it because State Farm basically forces the parts departments to sell at or below dealer cost for the privilege of selling to a State Farm body shop.
How is that the problem? Yes it does suck that parts dept. lose money on the parts because they have to sell parts at a certain price, but that has nothing to do with why the OP's vehicle is not right. It is a mechanical issue, not a price issue.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
We deal with State Farm regularly. They are not the worst but they do like to use aftermarket parts just like most insurance companies. Ultimately though, that is up to the insured to express that they want OE only on their repair which I highly recommend if you have a non-beater. A good body shop will cover your ass and tell you the truth, and also go to bat for you against the body shop. If the body shop you are working with is not backing you up then they are most likely trying to protect their "preferred" rating on State Farm's body shop list. That means State Farm will automatically feed that shop cars if they are the closest in the area. Try to find a shop that isn't on their preferred list but falls into the recommended body shop list. That will tell you if they have any loyalties to the insurance company.

The only two companies that are pleasant to work with are Pemco and Liberty Mutual.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
They are not the worst but they do like to use aftermarket parts just like most insurance companies. Ultimately though, that is up to the insured to express that they want OE only on their repair which I highly recommend if you have a non-beater.

I went through something with insurance where they wanted to replace with aftermarket. My reply was that I insured OE parts so you will replace them with OE parts.

Users who are viewing this thread