What am I missing guys.. will tires help?

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
My Friend borrowed my 285/35/20 Conti Extreme Sports for the F&A Daily driver duel. Once heated up, they sticked like crazy. He says they are on par with his MT 305/35/20 SS which he couldn't use. He beat a Demon, and was outstarting an AWD Turbo TB SS with almost 900whp. I have Videos as proof. Those Conti's according to him are Magic Tires. They need heat to stick. Warm em up and you'll have a lot of joy. On my car (647rwhp) they grip perfectly in 1st with the Stock suspension. My Friends GT500 has 725rwhp and he found those amazing.
Just my observation. I love them.
LEXiiON

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
too wide of a tire on the wheel WILL make the car dance all over especially in turns. would feel like driving a 4 link with the upper 2 links removed. I will bet you are feeling sidewall flex even though its a short sidewall. It will make for an unstable car

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Dang, Demon walked it down like it was nothing for a car making close to 800hp at flywheel.?

Who got the win?

The black Shelby on the left lane.
It was Farmtruck & AZN’s 1/8 mile DD duel

Last edited:

Ablaze

Established Member
What wheels are you looking at buying?

275/35/20 and 305/35/20 R888Rs

What handling package are you referring to? At minimum, with the power level you're most likely at and the 4.10 rear gears, you should consider panhard bar to center the rear, upper and lower control arms with relocation brackets, and a stickier tire. Want to keep good handling and gain traction, check out the Toyo R888 tires for the rear. The 315s will be too wide for stock rims, but you can get them in 285 size. They will dramatically help traction over the existing tires you're running in a straight line and around turns.

However, I will say that even with my near stock power level (630ish rwhp), 3.73 gears, and Toyo R888's, from time to time I rear will still break loose in 3rd gear if the tires aren't heated well enough.

Revan's LCA/UCA/spring/etc package just with Cortex watts link. Although I was leaning to sway bars I'm thinking I'll pickup the toyos once I burn these out instead.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm probably throwing more power down that you and will echo what others have said

I went UCA, LCAs no relocation brackets, panhard bar, Eibach Springs.
All adjustable and 3:73 gears
Toyo R888's on a 10" wheel outback with 275/35 MPPS up front.

Zero issue hooking. Tires will slightly haze than GRAB!

But it's gonna suck for you cause your in MD and unfortunately nothings gonna stick on cold ass concrete

Ablaze

Established Member
I'm no mechanic but.. does anyone see a rear sway bar installed?

2ns4ao6.jpg

aw6zuv.jpg

Ablaze

Established Member
I think that's a good part of my problem. The same shop that screwed up my gear install and broke my driveshaft apparently forgot to reinstall my rear sway bar..

Ablaze

Established Member
I'm going to 'upgrade' to the BMR rear and front while I'm at it. It may not solve the handling issue but it sure as heck won't hurt.

merkyworks

Established Member
@Ablaze that looks like the street version of the cortex watts link, how you like it? Did you notice any more NVH after install?

Ablaze

Established Member
No NVH after install. I like it, it's very compliant over uneven road and inspires more confidence than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread