went to the track tonight - came home dissapointed.

Taunto

Established Member
Well went out to the track tonight with a couple buddies. i wasnt to happy on the 1/4 mile time. last year only 1 run and only run of the year i ran a 13.4 at 104. this year i did more mods and got my self a set of nitto 555R drag radial tires. and ive been running 13.4 - 13.6 all night. only thing getting better is my reaction times. im pretty sure im hooking pretty good. it was a fairly hot day in edmonton that day. it was 85F at the track and as the night went on it slowly droped. i was runnin 15psi in the nittos.. i think this is a lil low, i think its slowin me down on the top end. Just wondering What are u guys running for tire psi, and are u doing anything different with the launching.. im launching mine right from idle. Best thing about the night tho i got the best R/T of the night and probally best ill ever have lol... heres a copy of the slip with the best r/t of the night

R/T - .080
60foot - 2.078
330 - 5.761
1/8 - 8.792
mph - 81.26
1000 - 11.423
1/4 - 13.651
MPH - 101.4

any tips on getting the numbers down. i was hopin to hit 13.0 flat and possibly break into tweleves. is a set of track bars gonna help me on times?

uncooked

Established Member
Ran mine tonight,

4lb pulley, 2800 stall, other minor mods
555R's

got a 12.997, with a 1.89 60 I was running 22 psi in them and was doing big cookers.

Truck was nosing over on every shift (needs a tune for the stall) A tuner there was saying he would expect a 12.6 or so once I get the shifts sorted out.

The air can make a huge difference on these things, getting a cool night with wicked track prep is key.

Last edited:

silverbullit

First On Race Day!
Established Member
You need to get your 60 foot times down.

+1 Those 60ft times is whats killing you. I would def recommend some traction bars and trying launching at alittle over idle...just have to play around and see what works for you. good luck!

Taunto

Established Member
i just sent matt my tuner an e-mail seeing if theres anything he can do in the tune to increase my MPH. Im gonna look into some track bars to. - just ordered some track bar - the cheap lake wood ones since thats all i can afford.. it says it doesnt come with mounting hardware.. where can I find this or can i buy the hardware at a local store?

Last edited:

BT1288

Established Member
i just sent matt my tuner an e-mail seeing if theres anything he can do in the tune to increase my MPH. Im gonna look into some track bars to. - just ordered some track bar - the cheap lake wood ones since thats all i can afford.. it says it doesnt come with mounting hardware.. where can I find this or can i buy the hardware at a local store?

Mine came with hardware as well as the shims.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
its because no traction ur tire pressure was to low, and ur 60 foot needs to be better than 2.0. esp if u have tire u need 1.7-1.8 or better 60 foots with that power to get it go to low 13's high 12's goodluck!

Super_Lightning

Peace
Established Member
If u have whats in your sig. Then u should be doing a lot faster than u are.
YOUR SIG:
2002 True Blue Lightning
Stage 3 Port/Polish Stiege Eaton
LFP Deuce Idler
C&L Plenum
NX Nitrous - 15lb Bottle
MannaFlow Cat Back
6lb Lower
CAI
Diablo Programer
B&M Transmission Shift Kit

volcomsurf76

Mr.Awesome
Established Member
wow, you need to look into your tune something isnt right. i ran those times 100% stock. with the mods i have now i run 12.40's on toyo street tires. you should be the same if not faster... good luck

MJG

Established Member
I would def. look into your tune.
Check your plugs lately?

In the past I found that all 8 plugs were not torqued down, I had a local shop do a plug change as I was away for the week. Found that they all were fryed, I could tell, my power levels were low, I could hardly keep up with a friends stock L.

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
You need to get your 60 foot times down.

The 60 is high but damn you are not close to where you should be. I don't think the 60 foot is your problem. It actually isnt bad at all for running 13.6. Like others said check tune i think its your truck. Did you dyno your truck?
imo

Last edited:

Montanasvt

Established Member
i ran last night as well... i ran a 13.4 @ 104 w/ a 2.15 60ft.... i have a good deal done to the truck, but it has a horrible tune on it...the guy i bought it from got a canned tune and then put the kenne bell boost a pump all the way up with the 255lph fuel pumps... so i know its running really rich, which is safe... i just wanted to see what it ran before I got Rick to tune it for me...

Stage IV port
4lb lower
Borla Exhaust
C&L intake and supporting mods

NSSVT

Established Member
thats the same times i run. all i have is a CAI, twin 65 bbk TB, diablo 91 tune, and DR's. my 60 ft was a 1.9. and my mph was the same

Black Molly

Established Member
Funny story about tunes and tuners...I ran my truck with a "so called tune"...will not mention the name of the company...but I ran with a HD at 13.6 to 13.7. I took off the tune and ran a "canned tune" and ran a 13.5 consistant. needless to say even if you buy a tune it may not be worth CR@P

inuswo

Hopeless SVT Fan
Established Member
After watching Dante every few weekends for the last 6 or so months tuning customer cars, I can see easily how people buy 'tunes' that are 'fked up'. You have to REALLLLLLLY know your shit to tune a car well, and there are a zillion ways to really screw one up bad.

And knowing what little I do know about tuning, I would never ever ever EVER find myself buying a pre-made or 'canned' tune. All cars are DEFINITELY not alike, even if you put the same 'types' of mods on two vehicles of the same year make and model.

Best thing to do is take your truck to a shop with a good reputation, and go over the tune with them. Find out whats working and whats not, for your specific truck.

Taunto

Established Member
what would JLP charge me if I were to data log a few pulls on my truck and send him the data log off the predator. anyone know?

Users who are viewing this thread