went to the track tonight - came home dissapointed.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
yo sorry couldnt make it. I read that you are launching right from idle...You gotta power brake it and bring the rpms up.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Must've been hot as hell out there man. 2.8 pulley dyno'd at 350/450 went 12.8 @ 107 on a 75 degree day.. 1.85 60ft, 8.25 @ 85.2 in the 8th

Taunto

Established Member
i dont know.. is it safe to run a 2.8 pulley on the blower with a 6lb lower on stock internals? i know im planning on going built over winter but id still like to drive it this summer haha

DolSVT00

Established Member
i dont know.. is it safe to run a 2.8 pulley on the blower with a 6lb lower on stock internals? i know im planning on going built over winter but id still like to drive it this summer haha

You can but I wouldn't recomend it, your problem is the tune, don't add boost to it and think it will go away. on my stock block I ran 12.1 on a stage 1 ported blower, 5# lower, Tune from Sal at PSP and a line mod valve.
Just to show you how much a tune counts, I couldn't run better than a 13.0 on the above setup with an Amazon tune, I got Sal to send me a mail order tune and run 12.19,12.15,and 12.10 just by switching tunes and tunes alone.

SVT Knight

Established Member
I have similar mods and couldnt get better then a 2.1 60ft. and I was consistent 13.1@109!!!! Never saw 12's though.

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
x2, get a set of slicks, DONT BOTHER revving it, and as soon as you see green mash the pedal

If he is not spinning there is no point in slicks. Your 60 foot isn't the problem you need to check your tune. Your truck is way slow for the mods you have.

Last edited:

Taunto

Established Member
tecmotion from calgary alberta did my tune. he seems like a great guy and knows his stuff. i dont know how many lightnings hes done but i do know hes done lots of terminators and mustangs. maybe some seat time at the track will help?

DolSVT00

Established Member
tecmotion from calgary alberta did my tune. he seems like a great guy and knows his stuff. i dont know how many lightnings hes done but i do know hes done lots of terminators and mustangs. maybe some seat time at the track will help?

There is a ton of difference between tuning a Lightning and a Cobra or any Mustang for that fact, them being manual's mostly and ours being a 4 speed auto is a major difference alone.

I have found time and time again, when it comes to tuning a Lightning, look to the guys that tune the fastest Lightnings out there not Cobra's. Do your research on a tuner find one that has a couple 10 second lightnings under their belt, dont trust someone's word make em show it. Those guys that tune the fastest lightnings have alot of track time under their belt and KNOW how to make them fast, stock or not.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member

Calgary seems to be very limited to L tuners :( So I'll let you know how shitty i do..lol.

ATS will be my next stop, if I ever put the KB on that is. I think Matt's tunes are fairly safe..knock on wood..Ive gotten into boost pulling our trailer and it would see a steady 10psi on the climbs..Probably not the best thing to do.

supeg

Established Member
Martin at AFI here in edmonton tuned mine. I had a canned tune before I went to him (Pred) and it ran way better after he tuned it, shifted at better RPM's as well.

FYI for people busting about his times, it sounds like he went to Bud Park in Edmonton here, we have a slow track around here and are way above sea level.

What did your's dyno? I have pretty much exact same mods as you, and I put down 430/510

I would take out my chip and let you try it at the track but I also have 255's and a 2800 SCT MAF. I think my MPH around 85 in the 1/8. I would say tune.

Do you have a dyno sheet?

Users who are viewing this thread