went to AFS today!!

crimecrusher

Established Member
I guess poor the gasoline on me now and light the match...I kinda like it.
Black Chrome...COOL! Now what color '04 will I get so the Black Chrome looks good?

jmimac351

Right Wing Conservative
Established Member
If it had regular tail lights and lost the "R" emblem then it could pass. If it had FIA racing stripes across the fender to match the wheels then I think it would be pretty cool.

Jim

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Originally posted by NCStanger
Hard to tell, but you may be right. I just assumed since Randy lists an 03 cobra in his avatar section.

It's not Randy's car. It's a picture that the guys at AFS gave him of the Red Anodized wheels on A car. BTW, I think that car is just a GT with a Saleen kit. I think they got a GT and Saleen'd it and riced it. Note the rear quarter window trim. An actual Saleen in the 99+ body style had the quarter window trim that went straight back parallel to the roof line. I think the Bullitt's have this too but not sure. Look at the blacked out area behind the rear side window in the attached pic...if it's there! That white car is not a Cobra and it's not a true Saleen.

terminatd

Established Member
Wow, tough crowd.. give AFS credit for doing something new. They have some good products. The red or blue chrome aren't my style but I wouldn't knock someone else for it. The black chrome would be nice on some dark colours.

rmoreau

Established Member
Hi Guys,

No, its not my car. And not my taste either...

I agree, I think its just a GT with Saleen kit.

The Blue were exceptionally tru to the Sonic blue color...just like the blue pulleys. well, as true as aluminum can get. They are anodized, not painted.

The black chrome did look really nice...but Tim said they were still to pricey to put into production, but he is working on getting the price down to within $100 of the chromies. No pics, but imagine the finish of the BBS plasmas that have been floating around...very nice and stealthy looking.

All the wheels were exact replicas of the OEM wheel.

Randy

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
goddang that shit is tight

my dream stang

not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why the fuq do I think abulance when I look at that thing

the car they use to take away the crazy people

Damn man, You first line threw me for a trip. The second almost made me vomit. BUT!!! you totally rejuvinated yourslf with the next few lines. :coolman:

Rwick7

Established Member
I've been emailing them about black chrome for 6 months...good to hear something about them

SC457A

Established Member
black chrome rules, got some new front runners for my race car and they are black chrome

this pic doesnt do them justice...

(not my car but same wheel style)

MightyMo

Established Member
bold
dare to be different

I love it..

now if someone would post a pic with a redfire Cobra and those red AFS 18" rims ?? possibilities..

rmoreau

Established Member
I was looking at another thread regarding full vs open face helmets and saw this pic of jwfishers car...this is what the Black Chromes would like...I'm not sure if this is bad lighting or if his wheels really are black chrome ( it is not the stock '03 wheel) in the photo...but it gives the right effect!

Randy

Last edited:

GordsFord

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I also picked up a second set of wheels from AFS in the 10.5 inch wides. Will be mounting Kumho Victoracer track tires on them next week. Unfortunately the 315's are backordered right now, so will be using 275,s all around for now.

The AFS wheels are real nice quality and they are nice to deal with.

At $119 each in the stock 9" width the wheels are very good value. Even at $219 for the 10.5 in width, I think they are very good value for a performance wheel!

Gord

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
I was thinking about Black Chrome, but it would have to be a Glossy like finish other wise they would just look like the stock rims got dirty.

tommygun

Established Member
I like the BBS plasma finish (somewhat like black chrome)

Users who are viewing this thread