Went from '01 7.3 XLT SC to '11 6.7 Lariat CC

DevilSun

Established Member
...and I absolutely love it. Without a doubt, it's awfully weird how quiet it is...especially coming from the 7.3 that I was so used to. Gets pretty good mileage for being new and stock - got 20mpg on the highway with it coming home and am averaging about 15-16mpg in town. My buddy who is diesel mechanic at Kenworth wanted to take his boat up to the lake for some wake-boarding and surfing this past week, so with 500 miles on my truck I figured it'd be a great time to get some real heat and load on this engine. He usually tows it with his lifted and modded 7.3, let's just say we were all absolutely amazed at how well this thing rode, towed, and pulled...absolutely effortless. Anyways, here's my newly tinted Lariat FX4 CrewCab (only mod so far is the FX4 sticker delete lol...AFE Stage2 intake on the way). I plan to own this truck for a long, long time...and can't wait to get a trailer and tow my car with it
:rockon:

WP_000706.jpg

WP_000707.jpg

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I love the new diesel technology, but I'm not sold on the 11 front ends yet.

DevilSun

Established Member
Thanks, it is definitely a sharp combo...lots of compliments. It's a Super Duty, even the 20" rims and tires look small on it just because the rest of the truck is so big (including the front grill)...I was sold on the looks once I saw some similar ones with 2.5"-4.5" lifts and bigger tires, then they look quite nice; but stock yeah the front end is almost too big in styling.

KEMPerformance

Established Member
...and I absolutely love it. Without a doubt, it's awfully weird how quiet it is...especially coming from the 7.3 that I was so used to. Gets pretty good mileage for being new and stock - got 20mpg on the highway with it coming home and am averaging about 15-16mpg in town. My buddy who is diesel mechanic at Kenworth wanted to take his boat up to the lake for some wake-boarding and surfing this past week, so with 500 miles on my truck I figured it'd be a great time to get some real heat and load on this engine. He usually tows it with his lifted and modded 7.3, let's just say we were all absolutely amazed at how well this thing rode, towed, and pulled...absolutely effortless. Anyways, here's my newly tinted Lariat FX4 CrewCab (only mod so far is the FX4 sticker delete lol...AFE Stage2 intake on the way). I plan to own this truck for a long, long time...and can't wait to get a trailer and tow my car with it
:rockon:

A big difference from a 7.3L to the 6.7L! Congrats on the new truck, I am sure that you will like it!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread