Went Back to an Old Shoe and Man it Feels Great

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Well I posted a thread a few weeks ago about my dilemma and lack of fancy with a car for very long. The 1986 Saleen was beautiful but it was not fun to drive and too rare to modify. I was tempted by a couple of Boss 302s and when posed with the opportunity to correct a previous wrong, I jumped at it. I owned Roush Trak Pak #39 for 5 years and when the 13/14 GT500s came out, I thought I had to have one and have since owned 2 GT500s. They are great cars and much faster than this, but the specialness and the way this package worked together, I had to go back. #56 is an exact twin to my car and the odds of owning 2 of the 17 (red) and 100 made is pretty unreal.

Drove it home from Wisconsin Friday and fell in love again with the familiar place I had come to love. The coil overs are harsh, but I simply love the car from one end to the other. Most people hate the wing, but it truly is a functional part of these cars that make them special. I have traded a bunch since the old Trak Pak, but think I am done for a while now.

The second pic is of a buddy's car that took me an hour north of Chicago to get it.
IMG_3589 (3).JPG
IMG_3598.JPG

IMG_3589 (3).JPG

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Forgive my ignorance on these particular specimen of pony, but what’s the 427 on it mean? Is there a 7 liter under the hood or is that its horse power rating? Is it a 3V one last question, what year is it? Very nice car! I like the red as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Doodler

Established Member
Always dug Roush mustangs ever since someone took me for a ride in one and really put it through it's paces. Congrats!

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Forgive my ignorance on these particular specimen of pony, but what’s the 427 on it mean? Is there a 7 liter under the hood or is that its horse power rating? Is it a 3V one last question, what year is it? Very nice car! I like the red as well.

427 was the hp rating on the 3v. These stayed a 4.6 until the coyote came out in 2011(if I remember correctly)

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

WVTrakPak

Established Member

This is a common question and I think they were shooting for 427 hp, but it is 435hp, so it really makes no sense. They also sold a 428R and a 429R. Truly it is just a name.

It is the 3v with a M90 on top. It is not a HP monster but truly a well balanced track car. It has adjustable coil overs, adjustable shocks/struts, camber plates, 6 piston Stop Tech brakes and a TruTrac rear end. The wing is truly a help in the downforce area. I think the overall package is about $32,000 on top of the price of the car. I think it is a really well done car and one of a 100 Trak Paks made.

It is a 2008 and the only year Roush made these cars.

Thanks for the compliments and Red is my color for a Stang. I just love em.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice. I remember back in the day people who never drove any Roush Mustang constantly shitting on them for one reason or another. The reality is they were the most balanced Mustangs to come out of a boutique manufacture ever IMO. My dad has had quite a few Roush mustangs over the years but never a Track Pack car. His old 2010 RS3 was probably my favorite. Forged motor and I loved the styling. It really ripped and could take a turn for sure.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Very nice. I remember back in the day people who never drove any Roush Mustang constantly shitting on them for one reason or another. The reality is they were the most balanced Mustangs to come out of a boutique manufacture ever IMO. My dad has had quite a few Roush mustangs over the years but never a Track Pack car. His old 2010 RS3 was probably my favorite. Forged motor and I loved the styling. It really ripped and could take a turn for sure.
I totally agree. I just missed a heck of a deal on a 2010 Stage 3 and I think those and the 2010 540RH are two of the best ever. You could ring the piss out of em and they would take it.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve grown to really dislike the ‘05-‘09 styling, the the Roush and Saleen models are still an exception.

Back when these packages were new I always liked them even if I had difficulty remembering what they were. Stage 1-23, R packages etc…

You’re saying this particular 427R package was roughly 30K on top of a ~$30,000 GT? Or am I ballparking a little high…

Recon

Established Member
Very nice. Nothing needed to convince me on these cars, they’re fantastic. Love both of mine.

Pick your poison.

Recon

Established Member
This is a common question and I think they were shooting for 427 hp, but it is 435hp, so it really makes no sense. They also sold a 428R and a 429R. Truly it is just a name.

It is the 3v with a M90 on top. It is not a HP monster but truly a well balanced track car. It has adjustable coil overs, adjustable shocks/struts, camber plates, 6 piston Stop Tech brakes and a TruTrac rear end. The wing is truly a help in the downforce area. I think the overall package is about $32,000 on top of the price of the car. I think it is a really well done car and one of a 100 Trak Paks made.

It is a 2008 and the only year Roush made these cars.

Thanks for the compliments and Red is my color for a Stang. I just love em.

Actually they did have 427hp in 2007 when they were introduced. In 2008 they bumped it to 435hp and to 400ft lbs from 391. If I recall the difference was a slightly (I mean very slightly) smaller blower pulley that became standard on them until they ended the model in 2010.
Trak Pak cars had a very healthy jump in performance compared to my regular 427Rs. Almost as much as the P-51 package, but the performance is there.

Pick your poison.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I totally agree. I just missed a heck of a deal on a 2010 Stage 3 and I think those and the 2010 540RH are two of the best ever. You could ring the piss out of em and they would take it.
Congrats on the purchase. I had a 2005 stage 1 back in the day and crazy to think that it ran 18x10's square.

Regarding your list of best ever, don't forget about the P51 back in 08-09.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I’ve grown to really dislike the ‘05-‘09 styling, the the Roush and Saleen models are still an exception.

Back when these packages were new I always liked them even if I had difficulty remembering what they were. Stage 1-23, R packages etc…

You’re saying this particular 427R package was roughly 30K on top of a ~$30,000 GT? Or am I ballparking a little high…
Nope, 60 grand in 2008. Most had to be highly discounted to sell.

And I love the 05-09 styling. I think it may be because of the first of the Mustangs that truly hailed back to the sixties.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember your earlier thread, and I really did expect you might grab a Boss. THIS Roush is stunning, and a really great choice. Congratulations, and enjoy it.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I remember your earlier thread, and I really did expect you might grab a Boss. THIS Roush is stunning, and a really great choice. Congratulations, and enjoy it.

I was working on a deal for a Silver LS and I really wanted it. Seller talked so favorably about the car, he backed out! It was really funny. When I saw this one, I just knew it was a long term deal. I think I will have this one a long time, but I have said that before too.

Aeneas137

Established Member
I had a RS3 and loved it, my first SC'ed Mustang. Spent a bundle on VMP upgrades. I was recently thinking about picking one up again for track but a Boss makes more sense. Actually a 2015 makes even more sense.

Users who are viewing this thread