Well its happening... The feeling of regret settling in

Status
Not open for further replies.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
so i sold my 04 cobra last year. competition orange coupe. 4k miles. 2.8 LC kb mammoth etc.. loved the sound, the looks. everything about that car. made a knee jerk reaction and sold it. well after a year and seeing a silver cobra on the road yesterday, i am finally beginning to feel like i made a mistake. i love the car i replaced the cobra with, but still nothing beats this car. WHOEVER IS THINKING ABOUT SELLING... DON'T DO IT TRUST ME LOL (btw the silver cobra was my dads, 10k miles, completely stock, he sold it not to long after mine. both were sold to forum members, wondering how they're doing with them)

20150502_144051_zpsb89ptsgb.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Sorry to hear OP. What did you replace it with? I toy with the idea of selling mine and going for a GT500. But feel I'll regret it and should just pay it off and get a TVS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beavis281

Established Member
Sorry to hear OP. What did you replace it with? I toy with the idea of selling mine and going for a GT500. But feel I'll regret it and should just pay it off and get a TVS.

No no. Don't sell. But if you do, I will buy yours, and you can have visitation rights!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
No no. Don't sell. But if you do, I will buy yours, and you can have visitation rights!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

lol I prolly won't bud. I think I'd regret it. Especially since it would have to be a 07-09 GT500 possibly a 10. The 13-14 is still out of my reach. If I did I'd give you first dibs.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Giving up that beautiful low mileage CO Terminator must've hurt but that ZR1 is a pretty nice replacement.

dom418

Established Member
Don't feel bad. My conclusion as to why so many of us(myself included) owned more than one Terminator is we buy them, that nostalgic feeling wears off and we have the itch for something different.

Good news is so many owners take great care of their Cobras that you can always buy another

Your Zr1 is nothing to sneeze at

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I remember your car and the ask and about what I think it sold for. I think it would actually cost you more to buy it back now assuming it hasn't really been driven much. I think we are getting to the point where it's undeniable that under 10k mile cars are going up in price.

Last edited:

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
sorry to hear man, maybe you'll find another one you love just as much some day. I'll never sell mine... at least that's how I feel right now lol. Bought it with 5k on the clock and I've owned it for 10 years. Now has 22k on it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Im sure seeing the cars on the road would def make me feel nostalgic after selling, I am sure I would regret it! Good advice op!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I sold my first '03 for a '10 GT500 and instantly regretted it (Shelby was a fat soulless pig), but then ended up with a C6Z and forgot all about it. However the threat of losing my job a few years ago had me shuffling priorities so I traded the Z for my TT coupe plus a lot of cash. Now I have two '03s but the vert should be sold by this weekend.

04ScSaleen325

Established Member
listen guys, don't get me wrong. i loooooove the zr1, everything about this car amazes me, and not gonna lie, the head nods you get even from lamb0 and ferrari owners doesn't make me think i made the wrong decision, but i do miss the look of the cobras rear end with fat tires, and the sound. nothing sounds as good as these cobras. just venting really.. i will own another one some day, hopefully the one i built lol

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
our Comp Orange is going down the road this weekend....lol Its gonna be alright OP

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't imagine regretting selling your cobra. I'm not huge on corvettes, but your zr1 is badass.

Franco

Established Member
I knew you were going to regret it. That car was sweet. Still have yet to see the z at captree. Maybe soon?

Comp281

Established Member
I regret selling my mint 3400 mile CO too. I was bored wth it but I should have just kept it and set it aside for a while. It was shipped overseas so I'll never see it again. I try to remind myself that it's just a car. But that saying doesn't really apply to us car guys. I love the foxes that replaced it but I know I'll probably never find one that clean again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread